Friday, February 16, 2007

Much better ending

Last night my fever got above the warning number of 100.5. It would go up a 10th of a point or two and then down. I thought I might have a sinus infection. I was scared to go sleep without calling the hotline so finally, when it hung in around 100.6 for awhile, I called in. My Dr. told me to come in first thing in the morning to run some tests (there went the wig appointment). Evidently when I was there for my last appointment on Wednesday ( 2/14 ) my white count was at an all time low of 1.1, which is where it should have been after chemo. Before I got today's tests back, he told me that if the white count had not improved he would just admit me to the hospital and give me IV antibiotics till the infection cleared. I had no idea I was in for that. I had driven myself to the clinic for the first time, and was in shock. About 30 minutes later he came in and said my numbers were great with my white count at 9.1, good even for a person not undergoing chemo. He gave me a prescription for the sinus infection and said I was free to go! I celebrated by going to Publix for the first time on about 2 weeks. There is the perception amongst some people in my family and neighborhood that I visit Publix every day. It is probably close to being true. But this was by far my happiest visit there ever!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news Geri!

Did you see the vent in today's (Sat) paper about the person who calls her friend where she gets her chemo treatments "Chemosabe." Cute. Mick

Anonymous said...

Like I said, call me if you have any questions or medical issues and I will be there

Anonymous said...

Geri:
I've always thought you Rosemore gals had more than your share of eyebrows anyway! I've so enjoyed reading your blog -- you are so well prepared for each step of this adventure and your support team is doing a great job. I'd be careful about letting Cindy loose in your kitchen though.

Love and prayers--
Sally

Anonymous said...

Hi Geri, Your news is great...hope you are feeling better. Do you have the dvd "The Secret" - Amanda ordered me to go get it today - sounds like a good idea, waiting until all chores are done to watch it? I'll send it to you if you don't already have it - let me know. And let me know about the wig decision too - please quit overdoing it and take care of yourself - It is late - waiting for my sheets to dry, going to take a shower and hit the hay. Know you are in my thoughts, prayers and my heart - I loved the birthday posting, sounds like you have some great friends! Love you, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Geri: I'm so glad you had a sinus infection! Love, Angela