Last night agent friend Beth who is undergoing cancer surgery to (send good wishes to her too!) sent me some guided imagery, relaxation, hypno-therapy CD's. I was not feeling that good so I started listening to them before I went to sleep. They guide you to your relaxation place for serenity. If you know me, you know that is lying on the beach on the Gulf of Mexico. Well, I was there just long enough to start to feel the warmth of the sun, and I promise this is true. It just bleeped out. All of the sudden, I was no longer on the beach but I was checking email in my head. I kept trying to get back to the sand, but I kept getting pre-empted by my email. The sad truth is that may really be my relaxation place! Yikes - I need to get a life.
Day3 of 4 is a little tough. They are going to ultra sound my port as my neck started hurting more than normal last night, and they just want to make sure there is not clot there. So they will do that at 4. Having a little bladder difficulty so they are flushing a ton of fluids through me. May get some potassium in the morning since that is kind of low. Bob is here with me this morning, and Karen and Carolee (from MN) will be here to give Bob a break for a little while this afternoon. Bob will come back to get me to the ultrasound and last hour of chemo. Typically I come in and get a nausea drug for 20 minutes, then my first Chemo drug that last 3 hours. Then they have to wait 3 hours to give me the last 1 hour drug. I have another one that runs continuos that goes home with me at night. Tonight will the be last night for that in this session. It is hard to remember in the middle of the night that you have this thing hooked up to you so you trip all over the wires and yank it out. Bob has a whole medical waste cleanup and disposal manual in case that happens, so he will be as glad as I will after tonight.
Will try to update after the ultrasound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Geri,
I hope things are going well. It sounds like you are taking this in stride..... I'm not surprised! Please remember, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'll talk to you soon.
Lisa
Post a Comment