Today is Day 5 after chemo and still no bone pain or nausea. I actually worked most of the day with not a lot of need down time. I am pretty sure the key is just to do what you are supposed to do- drink a lot of fluids, get potassium and iron into your diet. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but during chemo when they were pumping me with steroids and fluids, I gained about 13 lbs - now I have a net loss of about 4 which makes it a 17lb swing in a week. Buy stock in whoever manufactures Charmin!
I don't think I grew any new eyebrows at all today , so "wig day", Friday, will be just in time. By the way, I have no intention of allowing Bob to post a picture of me hairless at this point. I always thought if there was one "free" food I could eat without guilt or calories, it would hot glazed Krispy Kremes. Somehow that led me to think that if I could pick a spot to save my hair now, it would be my eyebrows (I am sure no one thought it would be my "legs"). I am really concerned about drawing my eyebrows on straight. Anyone can put on a wig or a cap, but it takes real talent to draw on straight eyebrows. Someone suggested I have Bob hang a laser level in my bathroom to help, but that is probably a little over the top for me even for me.
Tomorrow is a big day for the news of the results of the PET scan. Hopefully, I have worn myself out enough to sleep good tonight. And it is Valentine's Day tomorrow. I am so lucky to be so loved.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Geri: I can certainly understand your reluctance to post bald picture; we wouldn't want them going out all over the internet and having people mistake you for a skin head. But, please take a few so we can all laugh about them when this is all over! Love, Angela
Post a Comment