Monday, February 26, 2007
I am fine - but a disappointing day!
I did my part but the system failed me! I got to chemo 10 minutes early, but it seems Mondays are a busy day. By the time they got to me, accessed my port (which took 5 or 6 stabs to find- more info than you want to know), drew blood and got it to the lab, the lab was "down". I am not sure what that means but I think it has something to do with their automation systems. Sometime after 11, when they still could not get my lab results which they need before starting chemo, they decided to send me home. Since my chemo requires 7.5 hours, it was too late to start for today, so will be in chemo Tues -Fri vs Monday - Thurs. It really did not change much for me except it is one more day we will have to drive downtown in rush hour, and my assigned driver for the afternoon (I have my own Dept of Transportation), friend Rosanne, will pick me up on Friday instead. It did allow me to participate in my afternoon conference call without interruption from anyone poking me with needles and gave me one more day of feeling pretty good -- good enough to cook dinner so I had better get on with it! Bob's hungry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you like a Queen in your new wig. Hey- where is the tiara? One of your friends mentioned how reading your blog is very uplifting and I must agree. That is just one reason I like to hang out with you-
Okay, I know that was a little mushy for a Monday...
Love you-
Glo
Post a Comment