Monday, February 19, 2007

A regular work Monday

Under normal circumstances, Monday is pretty much a "paper" work day for me. I usually go to the office, do a lot of paperwork, prepare for the coming week, have conference calls, etc. Well that is exactly what today was - a typical Monday. However, I did all that from home today (most people who do my job always work from home) . I guess the big difference was that most of the time I was in my bathrobe, and some of the time I was lying on the bed. Still the work got done and I had the most normal day I've had in what seems like a long time.

More hair coming out all over the place. I almost just shaved it off today, but the two people I thought could do it were both out of town. Tomorrow Mitzi and I go to get the wig, and we will then go someplace after and get rid of my hair. I guess I could have walked in anywhere (although most salons are closed on Monday), but I really did not want to go by myself to do this. My lifelong friend Mitzi and I have suffered through curly hair misery (you know, rolling our hair on orange juice cans to straighten it) together for decades (maybe half a century, but who is counting) so it only seem appropriate she share this with me!

I have made some appointments and hope to be out some this week. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geri,
Mutual friends have shared your blog address. I am keeping you (and Bob) in my thoughts and prayers.

Just think how many different hairstyles you can have now...oh, what fun that could be!

So glad to hear the good news of Valentine's Day!

Mary Zeagler

Anonymous said...

Geri,
You are so brave, truely an inspiration to all of us. I hope that you are able to keep your spirits up. Thank you for sharing your ups and downs with all of us on your blog site. I know that some days you probably don't feel like typing, but for some reason I feel like I have become one of your friends thru all of this. Just by reading this everyday. Some days I cry like today about your hair, and some days I laugh like about your birthday party. Please keep your faith, let everyone take care of you, and give the glory to God.

Jessica Moss
BB&T Insurance Services,Macon,GA