Unfortunately no chemo again today. Geri had a temp. of 103F at 6:oo this morning and was feeling awful. It was still over 102F when we got to Emory Crawford Long at 8:30 so they took blood for analysis and cultures. They also ordered a chest X-ray which came back clear. The blood analysis white cell numbers were good and the cultures will take 24 - 48 hours for results. One possibility is an infection in the port area. Geri is sure thats what it is because she has been complaining of pain in that area and even went to ECL last week for them to check. They put it down to the blood clot detected during round 1 chemo and for which she has been getting blood thinner shots every day.
Around noon they started anantibiotic IV drip for 90 mins then let us go home. Since then she has been resting, with teeth chattering even under five blankets with the electirc one on full and a temp still over 102F. We are back at ECL tomorrow morning for more antibiotic and, hopefully, the fever will have subsided and they can start chemo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Geri and Bob!
So sorry you are having a rough time of it this week! I am keeping you in my prayers!
Love to you both! Karen
P.S. The wig looks great!
Hi Geri, This is Linda Shelton Powers, Clyde's cousin. I have just learned from Cindy about your "journey". Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and saying many prayers for a complete recovery. I hope your infection is quickly identified and cured and you can continue treatments. I love your attitude! You go girl! Yes, a good attitude, the love of family and friends and good medical care....you are blessed with all...and you will not make this journey alone. God bless and love, Linda Nell
Post a Comment