Thursday, February 1, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me

Wednesday night Susan, Lori, Karen, Gloria, and Paula took me out for a wonderful Italian dinner at Sugo. After we ordered and before dinner arrive, to my surprise gifts to make my journey easier. The gifts included a tiara, wand and lei, (recognizing the "princess" I am), magazines and puzzle books (for mental exercise), cashmere knit cap and gloves (to keep my future bald head warm) and Hershey's Chocolate Kisses (for obvious reason). All were presented in lovely gift bags, and they seemed to be never ending and so thoughtful.

We had incredible meal and a little after dinner drink which put all in a festive mood. Our delightful waitress, upon seeing the gift bags, make an incorrect assumption, and the next thing we know she appears with two scoops of ice cream and a birthday candle. We were all dumbfounded and no one new what to do but sing "Happy Birthday". In fact, the waitress, a trained opera soprano also sang a solo birthday rendition in Italian loud enough (and beautiful I might add) for the whole restaurant to hear. Consequently, every customer passing our table also wished me a Happy Birthday. We giggled the whole way home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Sounds like you have a good support group with a great sense of humor. I'll be following your blog closely.
Love
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Geri,

We were in playoffs today and I asked Lori how you were doing.

She told me about the Birthday Party and I think this now makes you a whole year older than myself.


Peter and I are thinking of a new dog but have not gotten one so far. We may need one that will ride in the car so "she" can come visit you.

I hope all is ok and I have been thanking of you.

Sara