Saturday, and we got to sleep in! While I was up off and on in the early morning hours, we did get to stay in bed till almost 9am. I've felt pretty good most of the day with only a dull headache, probably from some of the drugs. There were some screw ups with the home healthcare, so we did not get my IV pumping till 5pm. Now I have to be plugged in till 8pm. But got to spend most of the day "wireless". Since my iron is a little low, I have justified grilling a steak tonight. Of course Bob had to research and verify for sure that was more iron in a steak than in liver and a whole lot tastier! Food still tastes good; I just don't want much of it, which isn't all bad!
I have been pretty lucky so far, but I keep hearing the next couple of days may be tougher. I read in a study, only 31% had mild to moderate bone aches (for four days following chemo) from the immune boosting drug Bob injected me with yesterday, and 26% of the placebo group had the pain too! I will take those odds.
I am still sort of shell shocked about this whole thing. So much has happened so fast, it is still so surreal. I have always been a big planner and a bit of a control freak, and with things changing so much from day to day, I am really having to adjust. I feel like now I am in a 12 step program, just taking it one day at a time. I still have plans, but I am learning to be a bit more flexible with them and give myself some leeway. Who says you can't teach and old dog new tricks?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow in bed until 9:00 what a dream! Thinking of you often - glad you have a break over the weekend. Much love and prayers coming your way.
Melinda, Jim & Maddy
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: Wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 27:14
Geri: It's great to see how you're methodically analyzing and attacking this situation. And, now it's great to see how you're giving yourself a little "day by day" leeway. The cancer has no choice; you're now attacking it on two fronts (3 if you count the 12-step implications); so, you will win! Bart and I are thinking of you often. Love, Angela
Geri,
So to hear you are still standing. You and Bob have had an overwelming week. Hopefully the chemo and bloodwork, etc. will become a little bit more routine. Good luck on your PET tomorrow. Love ya, Karen
Post a Comment