Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Good news -I think

While I have not talked to a doctor yet, I got a copy of the PET Scan report. There does not appear to be any cancer spread any where else in my body. The lesions in my lung have gotten SMALLER since the CT scan Oct 17. I am not sure what this means, but I know it is good news rather than bad. It was my leg surgeon who ordered and got the PET scan. My lung surgeon probably has not seen the report yet. I called his office late this afternoon to make sure he looked at the report in the Emory system and give me an interpretation. Obviously, this raises a lot of questions, but we are feeling a lot more positive about things than before. Again, thank you all so much for your prayers and good wishes. Things seem to be looking up!

I am out working and really enjoying myself. By the end of the day, I am pretty beat, but I still feel good. I still have Nurse Kathy here every Mon-Wed-Fri, but she thinks her visits could be ending soon as the wound is getting better every second. Soon I will just need to put some ointment and a bandaid on it, and I can be a lot more mobile.

I will keep you posted on things as I learn more!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word - awesome!
lots of love,
Kellie & the guys

Anonymous said...

Hard to type with my fingers and toes crossed....

Good luck....

Anonymous said...

No cancer is my prayer answered!
Marion~

Anonymous said...

I gotta tell you, I was anxious about the PET Scan; I'm so glad you aced it! And, anytime lesions get smaller, well, that just HAS to be a good thing, no? I'm cheering for you everyday. Hugs, imo

Anonymous said...

Geri,
This news sounds promising!! I will continue to pray and have hopes that you will have md interpretation soon. Keep us posted when you know surgery date etc...Hoping very soon that leg will just need that ointment and bandaid and no more 3 times a weeks visits by the nurse.
Lots of love Angie's sis,
Tina :)