Monday, October 22, 2007

Back to work - sort of

I got to go and and see some real live insurance agents (which is what I do every day when life is normal) today. I realize this may not be the most exciting thing to some of you, but I assure you it was to me! While I only had 2 appointments, I drove probably 100 miles round trip and it was a full day. I even got my car serviced after work and then picked up take-out Italian food for dinner. When I got home, Bob was defrosting our extra freezer located in the garage. Thank goodness for him. I think if it were up to me I would have just bought a new freezer to keep from having to do that. I keep telling him we need new ovens because there is something wrong with the self cleaning part. Seems to me it would be easier to buy a new one than clean the old one! I think Bob will probably just fix it and then I have no excuse.

I got a little work done tonight -- just some follow up to my meetings today. It is after 9:30pm and I have not stopped all day. Needless to say, I am beat. I do have an appmt Thurs at 12:45 to get the PET scan which is good. Tomorrow at 2pm we meet with the surgeon to find out what is next. Wednesday I am back at work to see a couple of agents, and we will see what Friday brings. I hope a biopsy so we can get moving on this!

Oh- Nurse Kathy came today. She said it was possible my wound would close up by the end of next week. Then all I have to do is put some kind of cream and a bandage on it -- nothing on the inside of it-- no drainage-- and I may be able to do it myself. That would be great so Bob does not have to be around every time I take a shower. As it is now, if I shower, he has to change the dressing. It has to be changed for drainage at least once a day anyway, but we have to time it for when he is around--or like last week, if I go somewhere overnight for work he has to go too. It was easy to convince him to go to with me to Dunwoody (for non Atlanta folks Dunwoody is a nice suburb of Atlanta), just 8 miles away to a nice hotel. I am not sure he is up for the Hampton Inn is Thomasville 5 hours away! So when we get pass this biopsy and whatever goes with it, he may have a little freedom!

No comments: