Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Just a quick update
Wound vac is gone for good. Now I just have this gel pack stuff in the wound that drains a lot and starts smelling and so Bob has to change the bandaging a couple of times a day. Nurse Kathy says on Friday (she forgot to do it today) she is going to put this calcium thing in their that absorbs some of the drainage and odor so that will make this more tolerable. The gel stings for about the first hour but it is soooo much better than the wound vac. Hopefully in a couple of weeks this thing will be healed and maybe it will just need a bandaid or something. I am getting there slowly but surely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hang in there, Geri and Bob. You're almost finished! Love, Angela
Hooray!!!
Love, Kitty
So glad that darn thing is outta there!!!! You keep trucking and soon very soon I hope it will be 100 percent healed. I'd send ya a box of band aids if it would make it heal even quicker. Much prayers going up...still for you. You and Bob make a great team!!
Love Angie's little sis,
Tina :))
Wow, sis! No more wound vac. You can actually ease back into a normal routine!!!!! Lots of yucky chapters closing and new ones opening!!! I am thrilled that this part of your life (a huge test that you passed with flying colors (bob too)).
I have a positive feeling about this scan. My prayer is for you (and all of us) to get used to these frequent ct's and learn how to cope with the anxiety they create. We WILL learn to assume positive as the normal result! And it will be. Gradually, this nightmare will dim and you and Bob will be back to "jet setting" to UK, Sarasota, Miami and all those other places!
Love you both, Cindy
Post a Comment