Seems like I say this a lot -- it has been a rough few days. The port came out on Wednesday. While it feels better, it still hurts. The tissue where the port was is not good. The port was implanted in a pocket like place below my right collar bone. While there is no longer a tube going to my neck, they have had to pack the "pocket area" with about 3 feet of gauze. This is an area about 1" x 2". Every day Bob now has to pull out about an inch of it (using all sorts of surgical equiptment - he is now officially a Dr) and cut it off. That will go on for a month at least. I go in to see the Interventional Radiologist (who has "never seen anything like this") for him to check it. Also, they are bringing in a Plastic Surgeon to see if anything else needs to be done. (Do I have a list for him!) That kind of flipped me out a little, and I have had a couple of mini melt downs over that. I just can't seem to do anything easily. These side complications just continue to happen. I know in the great scheme of things they are nothing, but I was just not prepared for them and my emotions were a little raw to say the least. I am settling back down. I was running fever too, and my white count was still low yesterday at 1.8. I am sleeping more (better drugs) so that is good.
I know a lot of you were worried because I had not blogged since Tuesday, but I just did not have the energy. I appreciate all your love, caring and concern.
Saturday, April 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hang in there Geri, you've come so far and done so well, you can get through this too!! It must be a real pain because I know you were looking forward to having that port out. It's a shame there had to be a complication but you'll get there, just keep going!!
Take Care Geri and you too Dad.
Love from, Becky xx
The number 3 thing you do not want to hear your doctor say: "I've never seen anything like this." I always knew you were an extremely unique person! Rest and keep trying to be positive in spite of unique port problems. Love, Angela
Hi Geri,
Sounds like a really hard time. Know that our thoughts and many prayers are with you daily. Keep hanging in there - you're a hero to us all! I hope next week is a big improvement.
Lots of love,
Vickie
Geri,
I do not send a comment often but read your blog daily.
I hope you have a nice weekend.
I am forming a new USTA 3.0 Ladies team at Jefferson Township and want you to know you will have a spot whenever you are ready.
Our 3.0 team moved to 3.5 and I thought this would be a nice time to have a new team at our subdivision. We have 4 courts and no ladies team. The courts have lots of trees for Summer tennis.
I saw our first coach Rodney and let him know of your illness. He said to say hello to you.
Thanking of you. Sara and Peter
Geri,
We're sorry that the removal of the port didn't bring the more complete relief we were all wishing for you. Erg.
The optimist in me (you know how I am...) believes that this will just help make the book you write after this trial even more amazing. You've sure had a few unique twists and turns!
May every day bring you a bit more relief as that darned gauze makes its way out. Thanks, Dr. Bob.
From us to you:
G - Generous
E - Energetic
R - Resilient
I - Inspirational
Lots of love from here in snowy, cold Massachusetts.
Kellie, Peter, Jacob and Sam
Post a Comment