It is Day 3 (of 4) of my last round for a while of chemo. Yesterday was ok, but I was really tired. I can tell I need the transfusion I will get on Friday. But I am making progress. On Wednesday, I see the surgeon. I thought I would get an MRI before that but that has not been scheduled yet. The Chemo Dr told me today that having radiation was not necessarily a done deal so I could not need that, but I do not want to get my hopes up. Last week he also told me, as I have heard before, that sarcoma does not react well to chemo, meaning it has effect but not as much as some other cancers. I started questioning that and told him while I would not make a stupid life threatening decision, I would want to know some numbers regarding reoccurrance whether I did or did not have 4 more chemos after sugery. He then told me it would probably just be 2 (a lot more palatable than 4), but the surgeon would look at the effect on the tissue thus far. I was really bummed when I thought I would need 4 more chemos. With a little break, I can handle 2 if I must. At any rate, next week we either move in to surgery or radiation so we are making progress! I am ready for my real life. I want to complain about too much to do and not enough time to do it, having to work every day and cook dinner, clean dishes, do laundry, grocery shop, pay bills, keep the house going, exercise and play tennis................I just can't wait! It can't come soon enough.
My port area is doing better. Every n0w and then there is a little pain but mainly it is from the torn skin from the paper tape. We are now taping up a smaller area so we can eliminate some of the skin tearing. Unfortunately that leaves the already torn area exposed so clothes rub against it and that hurts a bit. I guess I just need to wear more revealing outfits so the skin is more exposed.
Bob is hanging in ok having perfected his medical, cooking, shopping and laundrying skills. We've got incredible help with family and friends filling in when they can, but he has had so much on his shoulders! What a good guy! So even if just for him, I hope it all ends soon. While we still have a way to go, we are making progress!
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Geri: So glad to hear all of that positive energy still emerging from you. Dr. Bob definitely deserves many thanks from all of us. Who would have thought you'd be looking forward to the things most of us complain about all the time. I am really learning from your experience. I am sending even more positive energy via the internet (invented, of course, by Al Gore). Lots of love, Angela
Go, go , go Geri!! Prayers for you to finish up this round....and a boost in your red blood cells giving you more energy. Prayer for you to only have to have 2 more chemos if necessary..and no radiation. Wishes for port site to heal up completely and the tape areas that are injured to heal 100 percent. Stay strong....this fourth quarter is almost over!!
Love Angie's little sis,
Tina :)
Post a Comment