Friday, March 2, 2007

What a difference a day makes!

A day...... and a drop in temperature from 103F to 98.6! I do feel more like a "normal" human again. I am still in hybernation, and while I feel good enough to be bored, I am not. I got to be busy with work again today, over the phone and via email, and that felt really good.

I got my hospital bill for my first round of chemo (this does not include the millions of scans I've had had) and went into shock. It was over $33,000. And I have at least 3 more and radiation to go, not to mention surgery. Thank goodness for health insurance (I hope!). No wonder premiums are so high.

I really have not watched much TV except at night. I DVR all this stuff and never seem to watch any of it. I am furious that I have gotten suckered into American Idol, and I even voted which I have never done or cared about before. The drugs must be making me a lot more emotional, because I really got upset for the folks getting kicked off, and I thought most of them (except one guy) should go. I hate that I care about it!

Enough editorializing! Bottom line is I am much better and ready for Monday! I am hoping for an uneventful boring weekend, although sending Bob off to Publix with my massive list should be an event in itself. By the way, Publix is not paying me for all this free advertising, but maybe they should!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better! Will Bob pick up a few things for me at Publix like you have in the past? You can draw him a map of the store from memory just like he can draw you a map of where everything is located at Home Depot. It just dawned on me, who needs a stock broker when we have The Tapes?
Love ya!
Gloria

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, I'm hooked on Idol too. Although, I've not ever voted (successfully, anyway). Take it easy --I am so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Geri: While you're getting your chemo Monday, I want you to consider closing your eyes, relaxing completely, and then visualizing the chemo chomping the "you know what" out of those cancer cells. Whenever I do this, I see my medicine looking like Ms. Pac Man (with the matching bow and shoes, of course!)gobbling away. The chemo can only benefit from receiving an infusion of your intensity and energy. Love, Angela P.S. The words the blog make us copy in order to prove we're not spammers is getting longer and harder to read each time. Is this a test or is my eyesight going?

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your temp is back to perfect. Hope you are getting my comments.
About Publix, my friend here in Seminole Maryanne, her son John Clark is the Regional Manager for Publix there in Atlanta. He was a manager in Seminole and then moved to Atlanta as a Manager and just moved on up as they say. I will have to mention to her about all the free advertising you are doing. Have not been bothering you via phone as I want you to get all the rest you need pre surgery. But I do check blog every day. Glad you are feeling better. Wig looks great, glad you did not buy real hair one. With you eyes, you don't even need a wig. No one would notice your head. Love Mac & Jackie

Anonymous said...

Geri, I was the anonymous one. Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

I stand at the side lines praying for you daily, and cheering you on. This office is a petrie dish. The next time you come in wear a mask..seriously!
Marion