Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Heinz Ketchup too -- is nothing sacred

Last night I felt really good and even cooked dinner. To me ketchup is its own food group. I even want it (Heinz only) on the finest steak --Bone's, Mortons, Chops, Ruth's Chris... wherever. However, I will not really embaress myself and ask for it in those restaurants unless we order hashbrowns, and I can act like the ketchup is for them. I could eat styrofoam if I had Heinz to go with it. I was excited about having potatos to go with my ketchup last night. What a shock to find it had absolutely no taste! That is a much bigger disappointment than the Oreos. I guess if all food tastes the same, there is no reason to not eat healthier!

I had really great day today. We have a new sunroom that Bob converted from a screened in porch and when it is warm, that has become my office. It was just perfect today. I worked for several hours over the phone and computer, until I crashed for an hour or so around 1:30. I even got more done in the afternoon and went for short walk to the end of the block and back. That about killed me which means I need to do a lot more of it. It was beautiful day, but the pollen really got to me a bit. On my walk, I saw my neighbor Debbie, who is also my tennis coach, and she is going to hit with me once I get rid of this port, so I am really excited about that. I am sure it is still several weeks off, but it I just can't wait. I hope to get down to the courts and watch my team play for a little while this weekend.

I run out of gas pretty quickly, but overall, I am doing pretty well. I am counting on the same for the next four days or so, and this weekend I may even try to get out to Publix, GNC, and Rita Ellen's - my favorite neighborhood boutique. Nothing fits any more, and I do need a couple of things to wear in the transition! Don't tell Bob!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the tastebuds, however, so glad to hear that you are doing better this go-round. As far as Bob finding out about new outfits, he doesn't care!! As long as it makes you feel good, it makes him feel good, take my word for that.
Enjoy the sun and watching your team play. You will be stronger than before this setback and you will be great. Love Jackie

Anonymous said...

Overslept this a.m., so glad to check on you and hear what a great day you had...the weather is beautiful here, lots of pollen too - my throat is sore - got a very busy day....hope you don't overdo - you and suzanne hudson love the ketchup!!!! It'll taste better soon...hope your week-end is a good one...take care and know I think about you always...love, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Hey Geri,

Angie has been keeping me posted...but wanted you to know I've been praying everyday. Got to spend a few days with her back over weekend of 23rd of February. I made her go see Justin Timberlake with me hehe.....You will have to ask her about it next time you talk...She was not by the way the oldest person there. She was helping bring sexy back :)) You are so brave and I am so hoping that each day continues to be restful for your body. Will pray extra hard when you go next week for your next round of chemo. I think it is the next week.

Love Angie's little sis,
Tina :)

Anonymous said...

Geri
You are definitely an inspiration. I love reading your journals. Evertime I feel like I can't do something I think of you and how you try to push past things. I'm glad to see you had such a great day!
Susan

Anonymous said...

tastebuds......that's the thing that Beth said is driving her nuts too. So far, Nutter Butter cookies are doing it for her, but that's just about it. I must tell you, as a food addict, I believe that would be pretty tough!

By the way, can I have your hand me downs as you slide into those ever smaller sizes! I love your style!!!!!

Hugs!
Cheryl G