My counts were good yesterday, with my white count going from a horrible (but expected) .7 on Wednesday to 11.1 (which is a great number for a healthy person) on Monday. I am still anemic, also expected, and don't have a lot of energy. I work about about 45 minutes, rest for 20. I'll nap around lunch time, and just about any other time I feel like it. There are a lot of folks that would love these hours, but they are not for me. Unfortunately, I can't really do anything to change it so, it is what it is. Someone asked me if I was bored, but I really am not. I can't believe I have not read one book or listened to one on CD/MP3 yet. I think my mind just wanders too much or something. Maybe I am ADD too.
I am hoping to get out some later in the week. I keep trying to relate each day to how I felt at at certain point in the first chemo cycle but you really just can't do that. Nothing seems to be logical in the chemo world and that is so hard for me to grasp. For example, today, in the last cycle, is when my hair started falling out. So I figured what was left would start going today. Yet I grabbed what I could and pulled, and it hung on for dear life. It has even grown! My eyebrows and lashes are still here (hope I did not just jinx that and they fall out tomorrow).
I would not look so funny without hair if my head weren't so white. I spent Thanksgiving in Destin, New Year's in Sarasota, so my body is still fairly tan for this time of year, which even makes my head look whiter. And by the way, make no mistake, I am talking about my scalp color---- not my hair!
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good morning...saw Lewis Mashburn last night...he sends his love and prayers to you...He and his family were staying at SeaScape which is right across the street from us...he looks the same - same big smile...we all talked to Greg Tucker...and had a great visit....hope you feel like a trip to Destin soon, spring weather is here - but so are the spring breakers....keep napping and taking care of yourself, you'll be back in the fast lane before you know it....hugs and love, Jamie
Post a Comment