Wednesday was not as I had hoped. My white count was dangerously low at .7 - nutripinic (sp) they call it. They put me back on antibiotics and told me of my fever got over 100.4 to go to the emergency room. Funny, I had no fever when they checked it, and by the time I got home it was about 99.5. It moved up to 99.8 during the night and made me enough of a wreck that I could not sleep and kept taking my temp all night. It did not drop till today(2 days later) and now it is normal. I know I feel better so I am guessing my white count is recovering. They did not want me outside at all, touching any plants or flowers, pets etc because of bacteria they could bring in. Fresh fruits and veggies have to be cleaned like crazy if they are not cooked. Also we cancelled Lisa, Eric and Michael's visit this week as they(all medical types) felt I did not need to introduce anyone new into my environment at this stage, and they are around kids and sick people all the time.
They started me on a new pain medicine, which I resisted at first as it a 12 hour medication, and I was worried as to how I might work or function at all since it is supposed to make me groggy. The Dr said that would only last the first 48 hours, and then I'd be okay. So I am trying to get used to that now so I can function on Monday. Not sure I will do any traveling next week but will see how my counts look when I go back to the clinic on Monday. If not, I should be able to get in a good work week at home. I can only tell you that I am really sick of being sick.
I keep hoping Round 2 was not typical and Round 3 and 4 will not be worse. I know the effect is cumlative, but I hope I am learning from each round and better preparing myself for the next (for example, keep a great supply of protein drinks so that when food sickens me I can still get something in my system).
Bob got a good break having Cindy and Syd here some this week. I forgot how fun it was to order little sisters around! But other than husbands, there is nothing better than curling up in the bed with the TV on and taking a long nap with your sister! Even if they snore!
Friday, March 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Geri-
Keep your great attitude- it will get you through this! I missed talking to you this week but we will catch up next week.
Kendra
Happy St. Patrick's Day to my little yentil leprichaun. I wish you well, with no fever and no pain. I pray every day for you and I hope some of it is coming thru. So glad you had Syd and Cindy to refresh the Rosemore's. Sorry about Lisa not being able to visit but I am sure after Syd & Cindy you needed a little rest. I can just hear you three gossiping and giggling non=stop. My love always to you and Bob, Jackie
Post a Comment