Friday, August 3, 2007

Not A Fun Couple of Days

Well I was fine till I went to the surgeon on Wednesday and they started poking around in me. I started running fever on Wed night and by Thurs a.m. it was up to 102.5 and things hurt more than they did when I 'd just come out of the OR. I told you before Home Health Care was supposed to come out Thus and put in a wound vac to help heal an cavity area that was producing drainage. I did not hear from them till this morning -even though they told the Doc they would set it up Thurs afternoon. Today they advised they would ship the wound vac and I should receive tomorrow. At that time, I am to call the Home Health Agency to come out and install. Worse than Comcast! In the meantime that area really hurts and there is an area in the front of my leg (no surgery there) that is really aching too. It is better than yesterday,but it is pretty uncomfortable. We had trouble Wed pm as I would soak through the bandage somewhat quickly and it would leak. Then for once, I had a brilliant idea. I almost sent Bob out for an adult diaper and realize that a maxi pad would do the trick. No more leakage. And since I am wearing long skirts these day to hide the ugly incision, no one can see how stupid I look with a Maxi pad taped to the back of my thigh.

My fever had gone done to 99 today but I noticed it back up to 100 now so time for some Tylenol I guess. Hopefully as soon as the wound vac arrives I will be able to get Home Health out here. That should ease the pain as well.

I did get out at lunch today. My friend Mitzi picked me up and took me her house for an hour for lunch. It was really my first "social outing" in about 6 months. I got a little tired, but I felt fine. I think the chair was just too comfy, and I got sleepy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geri, how's the leg? Hope you feel better and things are beginning to heal....how are Mitzi & Mary Lou? Hope your week-end is a good one...I'm not fishing - am playing catch=up around the house...get better and come to the beach!!!!Thinking of you always, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Geri: Hope the weekend was better. Love, Angela

Anonymous said...

Well back from vacation and just catching up on your Blog. Boy, being in the hospital takes away ALL modesty, doesn't it! You have been through the ringer.. ups, downs and arounds!!!

I do not know how you keep your blog so up to date - don't you get depressed? I know when I had jaw surgery and was on morphine and then demoral (sp?) I started crying over every commercial, and news report that was happy or sad. The doctor said I was going through withdrawal from the pain medications I had been on, so beware if you feel too down; maybe it is just coming off some of the meds.

I don't know how you can even think about work after all of the pain you have been going through. There are lots of days that I just want to run away... Calgon????

Keep up the good work, and know I am thinking of you and really appreciate your blog and your continued efforts keeping some of us (who aren't as diligent as you are) up to date on your progress.

Love and prayers to you and Bob and your Sisters and friends. They are all great!

By the way, I heard at church Sunday that Eddie Rollins was on the prayer list. Do you know what is wrong with him?... they didn't mention the illness but it seemed it may be serious. I know he's not at Hanover, but thought you may have heard... Beth goes to my church, I'm sure she probably knows.

Well, take care of yourself... sorry I got running off at the mouth (fingers) again!
Love you!
Michele Randall

Anonymous said...

Geri,
Its late here but wanted you to know that I hope you are feeling better really soon. I continue to pray for you each day and hope that very soon your incision site will heal all as it should. May the fever stay down..and you have much peace. You so deserve some peace. Much love from Angie's little sis.
Tina :)
p.s. Hope the wound vac arrives very soon...and Home Health gets on out there and helps ya get to feeling better. Who knew what wonderful use that Maxi pad could be put to. You are a genius and well its so much easier for me to not complain about little things when I hear all your going through, have been through. You are an inspiration to me.