Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 3 of 4

I am feeling a bit yuckier today. Really tired, as I was last nite and just a little jittery. I can't get my body thermometer regulated and I flash between hot and cold. I am thirsty and need to drink a lot but I have all these things I am plugged into so going to the bathroom is a pain. I sleep for an hour or so (some may have had to do with Nurse Kathy coming at 7 and
I took to pain pills and an Ativan to prepare for her).

The fluid they flush through me has made me gain 10 lbs which should be gone by Friday but it does make you miserable. Gosh I hope my new chemo clothes will fit! Watching the US Open and trying to do some work but I don't feel much like talking and I have calls to return
But tomorrow is the last day!
Yea -round 1 almost over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful, friend Geri, for you to have a valid excuse for gaining 10 lbs....can I blame my newest 10-lb-gain on "sympathy weight" for you??! Wish I could...!
Don't fret over your new post-chemo clothes...maybe you'll have to get them altered...smaller. Yipes, hope not. I can't believe you're so tiny, and I'm so, well, not...
Just a few more days until "tube freedom"...yea for you! Hugs, imo

Anonymous said...

Prayers, hugs, kisses and lots of Love, Mac and Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hope you will feel better for the Labor Day Week-End - Round one will be behind you shortly...love you, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Well, I know I'm changing my metaphors to another sport mid game, but I'm thinking of this week for you now as the 8th inning. So, only one more to go. Your patience with all of this has been so remarkable for anyone, but especially for you! Bart and I think of you and speak of you often. Many prayers and much love to you and Dr. Bob. Angela