Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A better day

No puking today so far- but still a little queasy. I 've had cereal, cheese toast and blueberries today. Looking forward to an Ensure and hamburger paty later -- maybe a couple of spoonfuls of ice cream. Bob always told me he thought American Cheese slices were just awful plastic. I thought he was a snobby Brit. I have to admit--I now find it gross. I think my sense of smell and taste are overly sensitive, but it just about killed me to eat the cheese toast. For months during chemo, all I would eat was cheese toast and grilled cheese sandwiches with American cheese. Go figure. Ooops - imo is cooking onions downstairs - yuk.

Nurse Kathy came today. She did not hurt so bad although I was more uncomfortable after she left. All the poking and proding she has to do makes it ache. The bad thing is she could not get a real tight seal so the machine is a little noisy-- kind of like a quieter snore. I am not sure how we will deal with this tonight. I will have to get Bob to make me a sound proof box to put it in before bed time.

I am still not sleeping well. I took 10 mg of Ambien (which usually knocks me out for 8 hours) and slept from midnight to 2:30. Stayed up listening to a book on my IPOD (thanks to sister Lisa) till 3:40 and took another 5 mg. I was wide awake at 6. I am feeling a little stronger today but still weak. I was able to work for a while. I am really tired of being in this bed and think since I eat, work, and stay here all day that may make it harder for me to sleep here too. So tomorrow I am going to get out of bed and stay in the den or sun room all day. The bed is for sleeping only (right now anyway!). Seems like I read this somewhere a while back so I will try it. I now hate TV, lying around and doing nothing. I have tons of work to do that I want to do, but am having trouble focusing with my stomach the way it is and feeling so tired. Here's to a better night tonight!

No comments: