I am not sure what happened between last night and this morning, but I feel so much better. I know my fever did break, white count is probably up and while my port site still aches I can tolerate it better. I actually got dressed, ate all meals (and fixed my own lunch and breakfast) downstairs, and I am really going to work on taxes! Somehow I still don't feel well enough to do laundry (and Bob is still buying that!). I probably even got 8 hours sleep with maybe only on hour breaking them up, and I never get that much.
My old roommate and college friend Jill from Oak Ridge, Tn is coming to help me for a few days, and I am really excited about that. Also, she is a nurse so she will be able to assist Dr. Bob with all the surgical stuff and injections. There may be some injection techniques she may be able to help him improve upon (you know doctors generally don't give many shots anyway; the nurses do).
Sunday, April 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wahoo! Great news!!!
Kellie
Geri: So glad you're feeling better; and I am glad you have nurse friends and family. Please convey a big "thank you" to Dr. Bob for taking such good care of you, too. Wouldn't it be amazing if you came out of all of this with the ability to get 8 hours of wonderful sleep every night! Love, Angela
I am so glad to see that you were finally able to put some entries out here. I got worried on Friday when you had still not commented on how everything is going.
Keep the faith and your positive outlook...I know you will get through this. I started reading the book "The Secret" and it is all about attitude and thoughts.
Susan
I am back in Delaware, so glad to read you are feeling better. I wish I could be helpful to you and Bob, but at the moment Mac has my plate full enough that I too need help from family with him. Hugs, kisses and prayers. Love Always Jackie I.
Post a Comment