Saturday, April 21, 2007

It finally happened - cabin fever

While I do not feel good enough to do anything really, this is the first day I feel good enough to be bored. I think that is progress! I woke up early with a bundle of energy (some drugs help) at 6am just lying there till it was at least 8am and not too early to wait for Bob to turn over halfway awake to see if he wanted me to go get bagels. Probably a good thing he did not as my energy would have probably been gone by the time I got dressed. Then I called Michael (at 7am his time, thrilled I am sure) to see what sort of exercises ( who am I kidding) I could start doing besides walking to build my strengh back. I heard on "The View" that if you do squats to build your quads you won't have as hard a time getting up from a chair when you are older. My plan was to start there. So far I have done none, but it is still only 4:45pm. Started resting again at 10am, showered at noon, and later when I realized it was 1:15pm and I still had a whole day to go I realized I might go crazy. It is really hard when you want to do "something" but you are out of breath just walking from one room to another. The blood I got yesterday is helping, but it really takes a few days to kick in. So right now, my brain is in gear, but everything else is exhausted.

Bob was watching some WWII movie (is there any other kind), and I went to the sunroom to read the paper. We've put a lot of plants and flowers out there and the pollen or something was choking me. Moved back to the den and decided it was too dark in there. So I moved to the living room which is brighter. Susan called on the phone, and 5 minutes later Mitzi showed up and there was my afternoon! Thank goodness. I am pretty sure I was about to start a "spring cleaning" type list for Bob and that just might have pushed him over the edge.

I know I need to start reading a new book(something really light), and I will get past this. I need to feel better and get back to my life. I have great ideas of things I want to do here and at work, but no energy to execute or even put them on paper. They generally come to me about 6 to 8am which I am finding, from my bed,is my most productive time of day. Maybe I just need a longer acting sleeping pill so I can move the time to 9:30 or a more reasonable hour.

Michael and his girls, Erin and Landon, are coming tomorrow for the day. Cindy checks in Tuesday till Saturday, so my days won't seem so long. This will be the week I don't feel so good anyway. The fact that I have 4 doctors appmts, (Monday for labs with the Chemo doctor, Tues and Friday with radiology for the port thing, MRI and the surgeon on Friday). I am trying not to be anxious about the MRI or surgeon. I am ready for the next step whatever it is! I am a little afraid that I have underestimated the toll surgery and radiation will take on me, but what's a girl to do? You gotta have hope!

I am hoping the blood kicks in a little more tomorrow! Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the blood kicks in too...Still praying for you. God bless and good Sunday wished for you. I am so thrilled that the 4 rounds of chemo are over. I call Angie a lot more now it seems to see if she has talked to you...to get more updates.
I'm up kind late Thomas has pneumonia...and I'm sorta waiting for his fever to break before I sleep. Good chance to check on you. Also praying all appts. go smooth next week.

Angie little sis,
Tina :)