Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hanging In there

I am doing ok and keeping busy. Last night Rita and I went to the gym and got on the treadmill. I even baked a cake and got up early this morning to play tennis with my regular Saturday group- Susan, Paula and Loree, Going for a facial this afternoon, so life seems pretty normal.
I heard late yesterday that my appointment with Dr. Miller won't be until Tues, June 23. DocO is trying to get it moved up but I know Dr. Miller stays packed. Hopefully if it is the scope thing, maybe he can do it quickly and we can go to England as scheduled. Or, maybe he will even think it is ok to wait until we come back as planned on July 21. I keep hoping that, same as last time, it will just be an inflamation. I am not sure I am that lucky. And this time the spot got bigger- not smaller as it did before. Of course I did not even know the spot existed before. It is the uncertainty that gets you. In the meantime, we are getting the carpets cleaned, house painted, cooking stuff to freeze and trying to get some work projects taken care of so we can be better prepared. I am lucky that when I have surgery this time, it will not be after having months of chemo, radiation, the wound vac, and every other obstacle I had before. I am going to do every thing I can to go into surgery as healthy as possible so maybe recovery is not so hard.
More to come!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Geri, I got your email that said, "Check out the blog". I dreaded 'going there', but of course I did...
Geri, you are the bravest person I know. Your spirit, along with your great wit and humor has gotten you thru' some very tough times, and it will prevail again. This time I am going to jump on your sense of spirit by wishing and praying that this next challenge is nothing more than an ill-placed, inconvenient speed bump in you life. I'm on your side. You go, girl! Love, imo

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, Geri, I just re-read your blog. What I meant to comment was, YOU BAKED A CAKE...???!!! What is this world coming to??? Hugs, imo

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers are coming your way from the Ryland family. We will continue to check in on you. take care,
Cindy

lspowers said...

Hi Geri, this is Linda Nell, Clyde's cousin. Cindy has just let me know about your latest tests and I have read your blog. My first thought is "BUMMER"! Well, I cleaned up the language, but you get the message!! I'm so sorry you have this scare, and I pray that that's all it is....just a scare. You are a strong woman with a great head on your shoulders. I hope you have screamed, cried, ranted and raved....and then I know you will get down to business. I hope and pray that you get answers very soon so you can move forward. I'm praying for no cancer and if it is, that it can be dealt with and you can return to good health once again. The unknown is always the worst. I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and you will be in my prayers as well as that great husband of yours, and all of your family. Prayers work, and miracles happen every day! Take care, keep positive thoughts! Love, Linda Nell

jamie said...

Geri, You will get through this hurdle! We are all praying for you - keep that great attitude of yours - You look too beautiful to be sick, that's my diagnosis.....and I'm sticking to it!! Please stay in touch and know I love ya! Jamie

Martha said...

Hi Geri....I just wanted you to know that my thoughts, prayers, & love will be with you. I think you are probably one of the bravest/strongest people I have ever known...you always have been...even as a child. Your cousin, Martha

Cindy Sanders said...

Hey Geri
Just got news of your new development yesterday from Jamie. I'm so bummed you have to go through more surgery and am praying the spot is like the last one. You're a trooper. Keep up the great attitude. I'm thinking about you and will be in touch.
Love
Cindy S.

Anonymous said...

Hope you got my comment from your last post!! I was glad to read today on the blog. Praying in overdrive for ya!!
Love,
Angie's little sis....Tina :)