I had an MRI on my leg on Friday and all is well, thank heavens. Doc O has started to call me "Nine Lives" because of the results of my lung surgery. He asked if I had bought a lottery ticket that day, because I was so lucky. I think I've already hit the "jackpot" in so many ways that I do not need the ticket. Now he is going to order my chest CT's instead of Dr. Saba so I do not go back until mid April. He told me soon Dr. Saba (my chemo doctor) is not going to be treating sarcoma patients anymore so he (Doc O) would order all my scans etc. Hopefully I will never meet the new sarcoma oncologist! I am going to start physical therapy soon so maybe I can be on a tennis court in a few months.
I made it through my meetings in Boston okay. They were long days, and I did have trouble sitting up in the hard chairs (even healthy folks did) all day. I was pretty tired at the end of the day and did not participate in many of the nighttime festivities because I wanted to be rested for the next day. The meeting was a good one, and I am so glad I went. I arrived just ahead of snow in Boston and got back on Thursday just after all the snow was gone in Atlanta. I am lucky. By the way, I was one of 14 people who do my job who won our national sales trip. Bob and I will get to go to the Ritz Carleton in Amelia Island in March or so. Not bad for someone who was laid up in bed for most of the year. I am a lot of great support all the way around!
Cindy and Syd came on Friday, and along with Mitzi we had a girl's night dinner out and they all stayed at my house. We all got a little anxious about the weather because of all the snow we were getting so they headed home earlier than expected on Saturday. I went to Susan and Karl's for dinner and came home and watched the Australian Open till the wee hours of the morning. I have not been sleeping that well the last few days (except for the night Syd, Cindy and Mitzi were here) but I am sure I will get over that when Bob comes home on Wednesday. I cannot wait. He is really enjoying being in England with family and will be home on Wednesday. We leave Friday for a weekend meeting at St. Simon's Island that will be fun. The Monday (a week from tomorrow) I leave for another meeting in Nashville for a couple of days. Things will get back to normal after that.
I am so happy and relieved that my MRI came back ok. I was pretty anxious about that but it all turned out great. I am counting my blessings for sure. I will be back with you in a few days!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats Gal! I kept asking Collins if he knew. I just yelled the news over the banister while he is watching the game! He sends "Hurray!" your way too.
Thanks for sharing. Think of you often.
Hi Geri,
I am so pleased that your MRI scan went well. What a huge relief that must be for you. It was great to see Dad for these last few days. I took him to the train station yesterday so he should be home soon. Take care and keep in touch.
Becky x
Geri: Sounds like you're getting back to the new "normal" and I am really happy about that! Love, Angela
Post a Comment