Yea! Bob got back on Wednesday afternoon, and boy am I glad. We left Friday morning to go to a meeting I had and did not get home till Sunday. He has barely unpacked. I left this morning for Nashville and will be here till Wednesday. My hotel bed will be the 6th different one I've slept in since Jan 7. Life is back to normal thank heavens. Actually it is a little more hectic than normal right now and will slow down after this. I will probably just be gone 2 or 3 nights a month after this week.
I actually got my hair "cut" last week. They really just cleaned me up a bit -- trimmed around my ears and shaved the back of my neck a bit. My hair is still barely 1/2 long but it is coming back. I did wear my wig at the St. Simon's meeting, but left if at home for Nashville. It is just to distracting and when I have a hot flash I want to rip it off.
I finished another book over the weekend -- The Kite Runner and am just about through with The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I bought Love In the Time of Coholea tonight just in case I finshed my other book and needed something to read in the hotel. I am so excited to be "hooked" reading again.
I do have one doctors appointment this week on Friday. I have to see a retina specialist because I went to the optometrist for my contact lens check they thought they saw something that needed more examination -- maybe caused from chemo. I am not sure what to expect from this. Frankly, I put the appointment off for a few months because dealing with my lung situation was a lot more critical. Now I have a slew of appointments to do all the routing maintenance I did not do last year (lack OBGYN, mammogram, dermatologist). Now even the routine doc appointments get me a little anxious just cause you never know. But I know I cannot live my life in fear.
When I get back on Wednesday I am going to work on starting to cut back on my sleeping pills and try to get off them. I am sure it will take me a while since I am a lousy sleeper anyway.
But it is time to get a bit drug free. And since I start physical therapy next week and will be able to start exercising some maybe I will wear myself out enough to get some decent sleep. I know I will sleep a lot better now that Bob is back!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Geri,
I am so thrilled with all your news. Does me good to know you are moving ahead with just doing more routine things before the cancer. I am continuing to remember you in my prayers. Glad Bob got home safely.
Love Angie's little sis,
Tina :)
Post a Comment