I am overwhelmed by the emails I have gotten from so many of you and shocked that so many are still checking up on me and reading the blog. You cannot imagine how lucky I feel to have so many loving and supportive friends and family.
I am managing okay this week without Bob. Friends and neighbors have been keeping me busy. I have hardly had dinner alone at home this week, and I am so appreciative for the company. I have been to bed early and still waking up really early and all hours of the night. I am not sure how much is jet lag or just missing Bob not being here. I still get tired really easily, but I just rest -- not even nap -- for an hour or so I usually bounce back for a bit.
I leave for Boston at noon tomorrow. I am a bit anxious about being able to sit in a meeting in a straight chair for a couple of days but I am going to try my best. They are really good about taking breaks every hour so that should help. The big decision now is whether to wear the wig or not. Its not that it hurts but I do start having hot flashes and I just want to rip it off. And sometime it is just annoying. People I have been around this week keep telling me I can get away without it, but I just don't know. If only my hair were a half an inch longer! Anyway, I have a knit hat I can wear that is pretty comfortable and defintely have to wear that some of the time. Often my head just gets really cold so I need it. I will take the wig with me and just have to figure it out when I get there. I will certainly not be wearing it on the plane.
I will probably not have time to blog again until after my MRI on Friday. I see the doctor (Doc O) right after so I ususally get the results then and there. I will report back then.
Have a good week!
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Dear Geri!
I am so glad that you got to visit in England, sounds wonderful.
I sure miss seeing you!
Rickey and I are doing good, I am still amazed that I survive a brain tumor!
I think of you often and I will contiune to keep you in my prayers.
God Bless,
Dixie Mooney
BBT-AThens
Post a Comment