Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday Evening

I am feeling better today, although I still have shoulder pain and the jitters from the pain medication. I walked to the nurses station twice today, although I had to use a walker for support. It looks like at least one tube will come out tomorrow, maybe both if the Dr. is happy. If both, they will also remove the epidural line. I need to be here for at least 24 hours after the epidural is removed to see if I can handle the pain without it. Dr. Miller says I'll be here till Wednesday or maybe Thursday morning so the trip to the beach for Thanksgiving is off. We will do it another time.

I have slept better the last two nights with benedryl, although they wake me up to take vital signs, draw blood and do breathing exercises every 4 hours. Of course, they all come at different times so I'm lucky if I get two hours straight. Looking forward to anothers good nights sleep tonight, and I'll see y'all tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geri,

I am so happy to hear your great news! Hang in there! Much better days are ahead! Keeping you in my prayers for your recovery! Much love to you and Bob, Karen

Anonymous said...

Dear Geri & Bob,
We've had a crazy busy weekend so are just catching up now on the GREAT news. We are so thrilled with the outcome and will be rooting for those tubes to come out quickly so you can freely walk about!

Lots of love,
Kellie, Peter, Jacob and Sam

Anonymous said...

Thank God for your Victory!!!!! The Alabama loss is ok because you Won the Cancer Game PlayOffs!!!!! I'd say we are ALL going to have a very thankful Thanksgiving, I know you are on my list to give thanks for!!!! Hope you are feeling better today, please take it easy and just recover from all of this! You'll get to the beach after your recovery and I'll see you then! In the meantime Please just sit on the sideline bench (in all that Alabama garb and Rest!!!! I love you!!! Jamie

Anonymous said...

Geri,

I was so happy to hear about your great news. You deserve some good news after what you have been through!

I hope you know you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I didn't want to call and distrub you, but I have been keeping up with your progress through your agents.

By the way, Tom Kotchou told me to give you his best. Sorry about the Bama game, but there are more important things than football, don't you agree?

Follow doctor's orders, and I look forward to seeing you "in the field" soon!

Duff