Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday evening

The second chest tube was removed today and the epidural. Now I only have the two central IV lines in my neck. I don't have the sharp pains in my chest now just a level-6 dull ache and I still have the jitters. As the epidural drugs wear off the pain could increase and the team may address that with some IV pain killers. Dr. Miller has just been in and said I may go home tomorrow if the pain is manageable and I'm comfortable. Yipee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geri: I know all this seems impossibly slow to you; but as I read over your week, I can see the progress. Keep up the positive mental attitude! Love, Angela

Anonymous said...

Hope you are tube free and heading home! When you get home TAKE IT EASY!!! The Cancer Marathon is OVER!! Rest & Recovery for you!!! You are truly a winner and I hope you know you'll be #1 on the list of "Thanks" around many a Thanksgiving Table this year! Did I ever tell you I was sorry for shampooing/cutting your hair in the yard...in the freezing cold of winter? I'm sorry (remember I got two whippings - one from Miss Iris - one from Mama!) Let's make some more memories! When you can get to Destin I say we take a picture of us out in the gulf and compare to the last one - some 40 years later!!!!!! My heart is filled with thoughts of you and I hope you know how much you mean to me and how thankful I am to have you as a part of my life! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!! Love, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Geri and Bob,
Angie called me the other day after surgery and update me. I've been unable to get onto the blog until today. Although, I was sure praying!! Harley ,Angie and my big brother is in the process of adopting a 14 year old daughter. They live in Baton Rouge now. She came to stay with mom and dad last Saturday..and so I was busy helping with her and shuttling my two kids around with her so as to make her visit easier since my brother and sister-in-law did not stay with her. She has had a really hard life up to this point. So so excited about the news!! Healing prayers going up so you can get home from that hospital and get back to your regular routine as soon as possible. Lots of love from Angie's little sis,
Tina :)