Monday, November 5, 2007

My choice

We met with Dr. Saba, my chemo doctor today. We still have not talked to the surgeon, Doc M. Dr. Saba said we could wait 3 months, have CT scans and see what the lesions do or go ahead and et them taken out. The only way we are going to know what is in my lungs is to have surgery and remove them. Whatever is there could be smaller because it is nothing, or it is the cancer that shrunk because of the chemo I just had. Bob and I discussed it and decided to go with the surgery. The tumor in my leg grew so fast, it scares me to let the unknown linger in my lungs. Also, I think I would just be a basket case for 3 months waiting to see the next scan. So unless Dr. Miller weighs in with something totally different, we will proceed with surgery Nov 15. It gives me time to heal during Thanksgiving, and I am anxious to get this overwith. Not sure about treatment after surgery. Dr. Saba said for me to come see him a week after surgery, and if it is cancer, we will discuss treatment then. I still feel really good about this. I either have nothing, or I have another cancer that responds to the chemo. It could be a whole lot worse.

Except for the outcome of the AL vs LSU game we had a good trip to Birmingham. I got to see some cousins, aunt and uncle in the afternoon, and all of Michael's family the rest of the time. It was a quick trip, but it was nice to see everyone and get out of town for a day. When Bob and I got back we went for a walk -- a little over 2 miles -- down by the river close to our house.

And now it is time to get some work done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geri, I think it is remarkable the way you and Dr Bob can sit down and rationally discuss the pros, cons, what ifs, etc., regarding your health. It has to be great to be able to bounce stuff off each other that way. What a find he is!! I think you two have made a wise decision, and I'm your #1 cheerleader! Hugs, imo

Anonymous said...

Geri, your attitude is STILL amazing, you are the pep rally that fires up the crowd and you've got quite a crowd of fans cheering you on! I'd have to say that Bob is a star quarterback! We will all be cheering you through (with our prayers)Nov. 15th's game - you will WIN!!! Love and prayers, Jamie

Anonymous said...

That a girl!! Show this cancer whose boss! I am so glad to hear you are getting out and about. You are soooo loved!!!!

Anonymous said...

Geri,
So glad of the good news! We will keep you in our prayers down here in Newnan. Sounds like you are healing pretty good. Hope it keeps up.
Love, Edie