Seems like only yesterday I was sitting here in hospital doing Geri's blog, . . .wait, it was only yesterday. We're still here, but the temp. has been normal all today and the white cell numbers are improving so we should be going home tomorrow. Geri had two units of blood last night and is still on fluids and antibiotics so things are moving in the right direction.
Sister Cindy was here from Alabama to help this last week, although we didn't realize Geri would be in hospital most of the time, so she had to drive downtown to administer the TLC, which she did very well. She left yesterday to go home to cheer on Bama against Vandy today. It must have worked because they won. Syd took over Geri-care today so I could loose my season- opener ALTA tennis match this morning and do other stuff.
We are getting ready to watch the US Open women's final now. Hopefully we will be home in time for the men's tomorrow.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Geri (you too, Bob), I know you're both exhausted from this eight-months-long roller-coaster ride from hell. As long, though, as you are taking two steps forward and only one step back, you're making progress. I hope by the time you read this, you are back in the comfort of your beautiful home, laptop in hand, cell phone at your side, and feeling much better. Keep dodging those bullets, Geri..you have this big "C" almost defeated...just a short while longer. Hugs, imo
Oh Geri...how I hope you make it back home today..and are well enough to stay there! I've been under the weather with a sinus infection, but am continuing to pray BIG for you. I pray very soon this is all done and things will settle down for you and Bob. Angela will go be with mom and dad at the condo on Wednesday. She and I always talk about how you are doing when we talk via phone. Lots of love.
Angie's little sis,
Tina :))
Angie will not be happy Auburn lost but we are glad Bama won...
Are you home yet and feeling better? Sure hope so - that wound vac needs to go! You need to be feeling like the 'young lady' you'll be this month birthday girl!
Keep us posted...prayers always for you Geri....Jamie
Geri: I remember you always walking out of the room when Bama wasn't doing so well. So, the only reason I can figure out that Auburn lost in overtime is because you are in the hospital. So, would you please go home?! Seriously, love to you and Dr. Bob. Angela
Post a Comment