That is the only way I know how to describe the last week - lost. While I was extremely tired and weak, I just did not feel that bad but I lost a whole week - two, if you count chemo the week before. I had machines on both sides of my body, the wound vac and continous IV's, doing more than laying (and watching tennis, some football) there was difficult. Thank goodness for Cindy, Syd and Bob or I would have just been out of my mind. I was so glad to finally get to come home yesterday, although I realize I do not do much more than lay here either. At least today, I do feel I can do some stuff on the computer. Conversations more than about 5 minutes wear me out. The 2 units of blood I got Saturday may not have kicked in yet. I can't believe I have chemo again next week and will start this darn process all over again. BUT this time is the last time, so I surely do not want to delay it. I would do it today if I could. They have wanted to admit me (to the hospital as an in-patient) to have chemo, but I never let them do it. If I do start feeling yucky this time I may just go ahead and let me check in. It is no Ritz Carlton, but if they are able to give me fluids during the night between treatments or blood, and it makes the week after better I may consider. I am going to pack a bag just in case, while I would much rather be at home.
I am really over watching tennis on TV. Actually, I am really over TV period. I just want to go back to work, go to the grocery store, cook dinner - or eat out, go to a movie, etc. I realized last night, in all of 2007, I have not spent one night anywhere but home or Crawford Long Hospital. And they do not even give frequent visitor miles. It is really bad when the Wound Care Nurse remembers you from your visit 5 months earlier.
My scalp is tingley. When I plucked eyebrows last night, they put up no fight. So my 1 inch hair is preparing to leave me soon. It was just getting to an awkward length anyway!
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome home, Geri! One more round to go. Hang in there. Love, Angela
Geri,
Your my hero. You make me give thanks for so many things now that I use to take for granted!! So glad you are home. I long for this last chemo to be done for you!
Much prayer being lifted up for you from me. Angie and I talked yesterday she had been at Gina's baby shower..didn't realize about the hospital. I'm guessing she will blog or call you soon if not already. I'll send hugs from her just in case...
Hang in there and you rock!!
Love Angie's little sis,
Tina :)
Geri, you still have a sense of humor and that's a good thing - you'll be a social butterfly soon and all this will be behind you...keep your great attitude and know your in my thoughts and prayers....at least it's football season! Love, Jamie
Geri,
ONE WEEK left, don't give up now!
You will be needle free, tube free,picc free, wound vac free and dancing fancy free to a whole new beat. You are amazing! You are right you may want to go ahead and stay at the hospital this last week of chemo and get your fluids and blood, so that you don't get as weak this last go around. This is it! Be proud of your 1 inch hair you earned it. I am sure that it looks beautiful!
Love, Jessica BB&T Ins. Macon,GA
Post a Comment