I 've felt pretty good the last few days. I still get tired easily and the wound thing is not the most comfortable in the world, but overall not too bad! I am doing every thing I know to do --eat better, take vitamins, drink a lot, to get ready for chemo next week. I am not sure what I can do to really prepare myself, but I am going to try to take advantage of any energy I have and get out a little since I know I will be pretty much confined for a couple of weeks starting Monday. I just hope I can stay out of the hospital ER and get through this last round easily.
Wednesday night Bob noticed I was leaving a trail of hair (albeit short hair) every where I went. So Barber Bob buzzed it all off. It was almost comical. We just did not have all the proper equipment a real barber would have, but we managed with some scissors and an electric razor. It took a while, and the result was the same as the last time I had it buzzed off professionally! Even though my hair was only about an inch long, I had a lot a of it! And thank goodness, a lot of it was really brown. We'll see what happens the next time it comes back in, around Christmas I guess. After he cut my hair, Bob had to "flush my picc line". We have to do that daily. It is like injecting saline solution and heperin though each tube of the to make sure they are fresh and "open" when they need to be accessed. I hope to get that taken out a few days after chemo when they are sure I will not need fluids, antibiotics or anything else. Then, Bob had to try to fix our vaccuum cleaner -- the real one not the wound vacc. What a multi talented guy! Of course the one thing he could not do was the most expensive to fix -- the vaccuum cleaner. Although in the great scheme of things, I have been pretty expensive to fix too!
No big weekend plans--tonight we may try to go to a quick and early dinner with friends if I am up for it. Bob has a tennis match on Saturday and since it is an away match I will not even attempt to go. I may venture out to Publix to buy some chemo snacks for next week. And Sunday I am still hoping to see my tennis team play for an hour or so.
I hate to wish the days away, but that is exactly what I am doing. I would give anything if it were two or three weeks from now. Each day I watch the clock trying to make it go faster just to get this all over with, but I know it will be soon. I just can't wait! Hope your weekend is good!
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just making sure you have someone with you when you venture out on errands without Dr.Bob along.i.e. Publix, tennis etc.
Thinking, and praying often for your recovery in this time of life you are going thru.
When the chemo is finished you will grow a beautiful head of hair in time for the your holidays. Hugs, kisses, prayers and lots of love Jackie and Mac
Post a Comment