Friday, June 29, 2007

Best news ever

Everything was good with my MRI and CT scan today. No surprises and everything has progressed just as the surgeon expected it would. We scheduled my surgery for 7:30 am on Monday July 16. He expects surgery to last around 2 hours, and I will be into the hospital (Crawford Long) 2 to 4 days. He will probably have to cut into a little bit of muscle but he says it is no big deal. He just did a surgery similar to mine but had to cut into the hamstring and the guy was walking the next day. He says it is close to the siatic (sp) nerve but that should not cause a problem. He is not sure if I will need any physical therapy or not, but he felt like I could be playing tennis in 6 weeks.

The will cut the whole tumor out and send it to be biopsied. That lab report will determine if
I will additional chemo or not. All in all a great report and the best I could have hoped for. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Old boss Hank will be coming by to visit tomorrow, and that will be really fun! Mine is going to be a great weekend! Hope yours is the same!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

good news indeed.....

We are just delighted...

Jim

Anonymous said...

Geri!!!! I am so HAPPY to hear your news from today!!!!! Hooray!!! Here's hoping no mo' chemo. But no matter what, the clean MRI and such is a big relief.
Love, Kitty

Anonymous said...

Geri: It's amazing. I don't think I've ever been this happy to hear that surgery had been scheduled. Have a great 4th of July. (I'm told BBQ ribs are very good for building up presurgery stamina!) Love, Angela

Anonymous said...

Super! Great! Outstanding! This is truly the best news ever! And you know what? You've made MY weekend too! I am so happy, why, I could just go shopping!!! Wanna go?! Hugs, and Cheers! imo

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot..can I have all your leftover pain meds...'coz you won't be needing them much longer...!! I am so giddy for you! Hugs, imo

Anonymous said...

OH hey Geri I just returned home from B'ham. Thomas mom mastectomy is over(left side only). A few lymph nodes were involved so she is likely to start her chemo soon. Her surgery went really well though!! Funny how different cancers need different regimens. I told her how brave you had been through all you have been through so far!! She was uplifted. So glad wound is mostly healed hope you showered till the hot water ran out and you legs made it that long. You deserve it. Fantastic about the scans!!! Praying for you each day and that surgery will come and go and it will be a totally easy thing as easy as it can get. Praying for no more chemo too!! Can't hurt to pray that way. You sound great!! Try and get comfortable and know you are lifted up in my prayers daily!!
Angies little sis,
Tina :)
I'm hungry now so whatever Jill fixed you would be good I'm sure right about now. Any leftovers can they get to Mississippi?

Anonymous said...

So glad to read the GREAT news! I know you are going to sleep better tonight - surgery will be done and over with before you know it! And you'll be playing tennis in no time! You are still in my prayers and thoughts, love you, Jamie

Anonymous said...

What great news Aunty Geri! Glad the radiation is over and done with. Just the surgery to go now.
Hope to speak to you soon.
Lots of love
~Anna
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Geri,
Praise the Lord!! What wonderful news. I am so happy for you and Bob! When you have that tumor removed, you will have to come on down here and see us at BB&T. We will have to have a big Ol' party.
You are an inspiration. To God be the Glory. Hugs! Jessica Moss