Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Same ole, same ole

Had an appmt with Dr. Saba, my chemo doctor today, just to touch base, do blood work etc. My red count is improving - from8 up to 10+ now. If it had been just a little higher at 11 I would not have to have had a Pro Crit (red count booster) shot today. They will look again in 3 weeks and hopefully I will be past the 11 minimum. This shot stings a good bit, and it does make your bones ache for a week or so. I hope I have seen the last of them unless I do have to have more chemo.

The tumor seems a little more swollen to me and Dr. Saba just chalks it up to radiation. No one seems to be worried about it or my discomfort. Their solution is just to take more pain medication so that is what I will do when I need it!

I am not sure how I am going to know that tomorrow is a holiday vs any other day - except my work cell phone will probably not ring -- for work anyway. We will probably just sleep late and watch Wimbledon.

I do not have any more doc appmts till my pre-op appt the July 12. Then I am in for surgery July 16. So I am home till then!

Have a great 4th of July!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Fouth of July to you and Bob!! So thrilled that your red count is improving. Maybe next check you will be beyond the 11 minimum. Hate it that the tumor is more swollen but it seems this is what is expected. May you take as little pain meds as you need to manage the discomfort and pain. Am still praying big. Anxious for this surgery to get on in the past. Your attitude has been so fantastic!! Praying for no more chemo after surgery. Angie was right you should have some ribs to build up your strengh before surgery.
Angie's little sis,
Tina :)
My daughter Anna age 9 sends you much good wishes and a happy fouth too.

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th - we will really celebrate on the 16th - your independence and freedom - no more tumor!!! You enjoy you 'day off'! And know that on the 16th you will go into surgery surrounded by the prayers of ALL who love you!! Eat salmon cakes to build your blood, that's what my sister-in-law did during her treatments and she said it helped her blood counts! You are always in my thoughts and prayers, love you, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th. Hope you and Bob have a great day! Love, Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi my Sweet Strong Step Daughter, hope you and Bob are enjoying the peace and quiet of the 4th. We are doing same here north of you guys. I am praying every night for your swift, safe, fantastic recovery. The 16th can't come soon enough and at 73 I shouldn't be rushing the days, but for you, Mozoltov!!Love Always, jackie Mac and GANG.

Anonymous said...

Hi Geri and Bob,

Hope you enjoyed the 4th of July! Although I am sure you look forward to getting things over and done with it's a nice break you have with no doctor appointments. So rest, relax and get ready for the home stretch!

Thinking of you and always wishing you well!

Dawn