Got past Day 4 pretty easily especially for a 2 minute procedure! In a couple of hours (midnight) I will complete 4 weeks of IV antibiotics. I do not take any tomorrow, but they come and take blood Wed afternoon and decid if I need anything else and if they can take out the
PICC line (please).
Each time Bob packs the new wound it hurts a little less. Tomorrow the Doctor does it in his office, and he generally hurts worse. I just hope he does not decide to cut some more out. That just might push me over the edge.
I actually plucked a few eyebrows yesterday! They had grown back in the same weird places my "old" eyebrows use to grow back in so it looks like I am back to producing hair (till I have chemo later after surgery).
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ah, so you're back to tweezing the ol' brows, eh? Next thing you know, you'll be setting the 'waxing' appointments...you're on your way...hooray! Never thought I could get excited over an eyebrow hair!! Good for you!! Hugs, imo
Geri,
Excellent all the way around! (Yes, even the hair growth...) We'll be hoping and praying that you get great results from your blood test on Wednesday and that the doctor's visit doesn't involve anything more than gentle trimming!
xoxoxox
Kellie and the guys
Geri, glad to hear things are going well and hope it continues...hang in there, prayers and love are with you, Jamie
Am praying those IV meds can be gone for good as for the line as well. May the packing at the md office go as well too...may he will choose to leave all as is. Its my hopes its healed enough now for him to just let the port site be. So glad your back to plucking!! Must make you feel a bit more normal but not really sure what normal is. Think Angie and I have had the same discussion you guys had on what is normal anyway. Nonetheless back to some same and remembered routine to do that. I didn't whine as much the last time I plucked mine and probably never will whine again. Not after knowing all you have been through. I get tired for you just reading about it all. Still praying big cause I can. Hope the radiation does shrink the tumor enough to give you some pain relief. Mom says to tell you she is praying too for you. Lots of love!!
Angie's little sis,
Tina :)
Post a Comment