We (I) spent most of the day watching the French Open (or "not" watching with all the rain delays). I did get some work and personal things organized this weekend which will help start off the week easier.
One good thing has already happened, and I can't recall if I've mentioned it to you or not. My chemo doc was not sure why the ID doc moved me to 2 blood-thinner shots a day (at almost half the dosage) rather than one a day at the double dose. So once we got through all the "2 a day" shots we had he let me switch back. Now Bob only has to give me an injection once a day, probably till early August. This is a big deal for me. There are some other things that could get cut back or "out" altogether this week, and I will let you know what they are as they happen. With my luck (or lack there of) I do believe in jinxes so we will leave it at that!
I am getting myself "relaxed" (more genteel way of saying "drugged up" for Bob to clean and pack my wound. Yesterday was not quite as painful as the day before (or I was more "relaxed") and I know it will continue to improve. But I think it will be a couple of weeks before extreme relaxing will not be necessary! The good thing is that it only hurts a lot during the process and for about 30 minutes after. And a little in the middle of the night when the pain meds start wearing off, and I have some "boost" type medicines that can get me through that. So we are getting to the point where the main thing that hurts is the tumor, which makes much more sense!
We've had 3 whole days with no doctor visits, although we've had plenty of instruction on what needs to be done each day. Tomorrow we only have radiation so that will be nice! Hope you had a nice holiday!
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Since you said you were beginning to relax a little; Don't forget - I have season 1 of "24" for you when you are ready.
Love you-
Gloria
Geri, glad to hear you had a nice holiday week-end - hoping all goes well this week for you and that your pain eases soon - as always you are handling it like a trooper! Love and prayers, Jamie
You go Geri, I love hearing that the pain is less all the way around. Take the meds as you need them though no reason to hurt. Darn that port site!! Great that an injection can be cut out a day that is huge. Also big plus you had a 3 day vacation from the doctor visits. God bless Bob and I hope this week and the radiation goes as smoothly as possible. You stay in my prayers.
Angie's little sis,
Tina :))
Post a Comment