I promise to do a better job blogging over the weekend, but I did want drop you a quick line to let you know I am doing better and will probably go home tomorrow. They want to give me a couple of units of blood tonight/tomorrow to make sure I am in full operating order once I am released. I do not want to go back to the ER here so I am making them check everything!
For the next 4 weeks, I am going to have IV antibiotics(at home) 4 times a day, every 6 hours. Two of the times is for only 30 minutes, and the others are for 1.5 hours each- 12 hours apart. So we may be keeping some odd hours to get it all in, but it still is better than chemo! Bob will now have to give me two blood thinner shots a day. They will send a Home Health Care Nurse to clean and pack my "wound" every day. That does hurt. Somewhere in the middle of all this, I am going to have Radiation 5 days a week(but that should be quick), and work each day. At least I am getting back to a pace (warp speed) I am used to. I may have to go into training a little to get my energy back up in order to keep up.
This will prevent me from any overnight travel - guess I will need to really stay within 6 hours from home --or pack my IV in the trunk! But otherwise, I think ...
Gotta go. The surgeon is here to do stuff to the port hole.
Friday, May 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment