Great news. My blood work came back ok so they are going to leave me off the IV antibiotics. I heard this from the Home Health care folks this afternoon. When I asked about the PICC line he said that the ID nurse said since I was continuing treatment at that cancer clinic they may have a need for it. I told him I was having only radiation now for another month and then surgery which may not take place for 4 weeks after that and had no need. He had me call and leave that same message for the ID nurse but it was 4:05 and I am not sure she got it today. I want this thing out before the weekend and since I will be at the cancer clinic tomorrow for radiation (and they can take it out) I am hoping I can get orders for them to do so first thing in the morning. That would make my weekend -- week-- maybe even month.
We saw the radiation doc, Dr. Fowler today and told him our concerns that the tumor area seemed more swollen ( a lot) since I got out of chemo. He said the fact that it was firm was good and that the tumor may be pushing all the other stuff away from it, making surgery a whole lot easier. He also said radiation keeps on working after you've completed the treatment. So it is likely I would not have surgery for 3 or 4 weeks after radiation. That would put surgery more towards the end of July, early August. If radiation does shrink the swollen area, and I can get to where I can sit/drive with some comfort (not a lot -- just a drop) then it would be nice to have July "off". Of course, "off" for me is "on"so I can get some work done. That is "play" for me anyway! We've been invited for more beach weekends in the last 4 months than in my entire life. Maybe it is because they know I can't go! But maybe I could sneak a weekend in -- if I could fly. I sure can't sit that long in a car! I know I can't be in the sun during chemo but I can't remember what he said about during radiation if the radiated area is not in the sun. If I could just get a little color on my face and arms, fronts of my legs! Then my head would not look so bald. Of course for the first time in my life, I may need to use more than #4 or heaven forbid,
#15 sunscreen. Funny thing is we were in Sarasota for New Years and I do still have some color left from then.
I have not had much of an appetite the last few days, and I thought that would change after I got off the IV. Nothing much appeals to me (shocking for anyway who knows me) so I am trying to get my self psyched up for something to eat. I know I am not going to feel a whole lot better till I get some calories in me so that is my focus for the next few days...find food I will want and eat. How odd? I used to plan my day around meals. I guess I still am in a way, but I just don't want them. I think this something I should be able to fix so that is my new goal. I am going to just start making a list of food I want and like and find a way to get it. Even if I am ordering out every night of the week. This is doable!
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You sound great- If you and Bob are up to it, lets go out to eat this weekend...
Gloria
Geri, Hope you have a good week-end - and hope you enjoy a delicious meal...always praying for you...love and hugs, Jamie
Post a Comment