I probably say this every time but, I really thought this set of scans was going to not go so well. Seems like my leg hurts more than normal, so I was braced for some bad news. It feels sooo good to be sooo wrong. Doc O said every thing looked fine. He did not have the final written report but had no concerns. He keeps reminding me there is a lot of scar tissue on the leg which accounts for a lot of the discomfort, among other things (like radiation etc). The anxiety a week or so before scans is probably more evident to me that anyone else, but I bet f few folks could tell I getting irritable over stupid little things. There is all this build upin my head for days before the scans, and then the doc comes in and with one smile and two words "all clear" it melts away immediately. I have my next set of CT's August 13, and they won't do another leg MRI for 6 months. Bob and I hope to get a trip to England planned before Aut 13, and unlike last year, we will get to go without the gloom of an upcoming lung surgery upon our return! Many thanks for all your prayers and good wishes getting me through all of this.
Usually I just use this blog to update my medical stuff. But I am such a proud aunt and sister I can't miss this opportunity to brag! Today, my sister Sydney, an elementary school counselor, was honored by her school with the dedication of they yearbook to her. She not only just received a national certification (RAMP) for school counselors (I think only about 300 this year countrywide - and the first ever in Hall County, GA) but the yearbook honor (made by the graduating 5th graders) for her commitment to the students, helping them deal with the past and prepare for the future. Her daughter, my neice Zola, also just won an essay contest about "What My Mother Means to Me" too. It was a lovely tribute to her mother. It is great to see such an incredible person appreciated all the way around!
My neice Erin, 19, (brother Michael's daughter) who has Downs Syndrome, graduates May 27 from Mountain Brook High School on Birmingham. Erin loves school and will get to stay on there till she is 21 but is so happy to be able to "walk" with her class. Erin has an incredible memory, great sense of humor, and much to her Uncle Bob's delight, a great love for English history.
Another of my niece's also graduating this year is, Jesslyn, sister Lisa's daughter. At her Honors Day today, she won several academic awards and scholarships (going to Bama of course) and among them she got a really special tribute. Jesslyn, on her own accord, got bands to donate their time, and held a concert to raise money to help with Haitian earthquake victims. This was a huge undertaking, especially for an 18 year old, ready to move on to her new life as a college freshman. In her honor, her high school, created the "Iris Jesslyn Whitehead Humanitarin Award" as a permanent part of her school, and it will be given when deserved to other students going forward, in her name. Pretty cool. I am always so proud of all our family, but today especially!
So with all these honors, and good, clean scans for me, it has been a pretty good week for the Rosemore-Tape family! We are so blessed!
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Geri,
I am so happy to hear the good news about your scans. It is alays a scary time, I am sure.
The "next generation" sure is making ya'll look good. Congrats to everyone.
Summertime....free and easy. Fit in a trip to Scottsboro if you have time and we will play on the river.
Anne Gibson
I'm so pleased the scans went well for you. You must be so proud of your family and all their amazing achievements. I look forward to seeing you in the summer. Rebecca xx
Post a Comment