Geri moved from ICU to a regular room after lunch today (lunch for her was beef broth, apple juice and jello). Generally she is feeling OK with some sholder pain and feeling a little jittery from the epidural. She stood up briefly earlier today and the nurse is going to have her walk down the corridor shortly. She had physical therapy this morning and doing breathing exercises whenever the adverts come on the telly (i.e., about every ten to fifteen minutes).
Cindy is on her way here to cover the night shift. This morning Dr. Miller said everything looked fine but Geri would probably be here until Sunday.
Last Sunday Geri went to Publix to get a $500 gift card for our various care givers to use to buy food, drugs, etc over the next few weeks. She also bought a bottle of barbeque sauce. At the checkout the woman behind her, only seeing the bottle of sauce, heard the cashier say that will be $502.25 and ,in amazement ,said to Geri "did you know he said five hundred and two dollars?" Geri say "Yes, but this is really good barbeque sauce".
More tomorrow.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Leave it up to you guys to make ME laugh. That barbeque story has had me in hysterics. Glad you are "resting" and Bob......you have already let her have a new Blackberry?!?!?!?!? (Guess the word "let" is a joke....Can't keep a great gal down! Love you both!
Cheryl
Hehehe! I bet that really IS good BBQ sauce! Pleased to hear that Geri is feeling ok and eating (albeit hospital food - perhaps that $502 BBQ sauce could jazz it up a little). We're all thinking about you both across the pond and wish Geri a speedy recovery. Take care and talk soon. Love From, Becky and Innocent xx
See what I mean about your spot-on, quick sense of humor, Geri? Girl, ya still got it!! I'm telling everybody I know today about the b-b-q incident!Seriously, Geri, I have a group of folks down here you've never even met, but we're all wearing cheerleader tops and using megaphones, all sporting a
B-I-G "G".
Feel better, friend. And, thanks, Bob, for keeping us so well informed. Hugs, imo
Thinking about you and praying for a quick recovery
Karl
Geri,
I am thinking about you and saying prayers. (....Really good barbeque sauce, you are too funny)!
Love,
Donna
Geri, I'm so glad the surgery is behind you and you are going forward now! Full speed ahead for a quick and uneventful recovery!! Please give Cindy some of that BBQ sauce to take home with her. I'm dying to try it! :) :) Hang in there lady and know that there are MANY of us thinking of you and saying lots of prayers. XXOO Linda Nell Powers
Thanks Bob for updating. Glad Geri got to a room. Hope each day will get better and better!! Love the BBQ sauce story too funny!! Keeping Geri and all the family in my prayers! I'm also thrilled she is doing her breathing exercises and that she may take a short stroll today as well. Somehow stroll isn't the right word, but you will get the meaning!!
Love Angies little sis,
Tina :)
Post a Comment