Thursday, August 20, 2009

Making Progress

I am not sure if "Time heals all wounds" (this quickly anyway) or since my head is happier (no chemo)that has helped too. I have felt significantly better the last two days. I am only taking light pain meds during the day (and I was taking these prior to surgery for pain from prior surgeries) and the heavier one at night to make sure I am comfortable and get a good night's sleep. I was up and out a good bit today too! Bob and I went out for breakfast, did a little shopping and then went out for lunch before coming home. It was really a nice day, and we don't do this very often. Usually on a weekend, we are both off doing our own thing most of the day -playing tennis, running errands, meeting friends for lunch or coffee. It was so great to be out together and not someplace where they are trying to stick a needle in me!

We've been looking for materiels - tile, countertops etc, to remodel our guest bath. We'd put the remodeling on hold waiting to see if I needed chemo, knowing we could not have the bathroom torn up if we were going to have all sorts of "visiting nurses". But now we can proceed with plans, so we are excited about that.

My Sarcoma support group met last night. I did not go as I am not quite ready to sit up that long. My friend Karen went and told me they talked about the Sarcoma Walk. They announced at the meeting the Geri Tape "supporters" by far contributed the most to the foundation. I don't know who all contributed, but I know it was more people than just those who were able to attend the walk. Many thanks to all of you. I assure you, it is for a cause that will surely make a difference not just to my life but many others too! We are so appreciative!

Now for a little nap before dinner.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased for you Geri. You'll be back on those tennis courts in no time.

Lots of Love,
Becky xx

Shood said...

Hey Geri - Nancy K contacted me to let me know - from reading sounds like you are on top of it, which is no suprise - take care, think of you often and do miss you! Sam

Tammy H said...

Hi Geri
So glad to hear you are feeling so much better.
Take Care
Tammy H

Anonymous said...

Geri - what great news - you are so blessed!!! Not just with your medical news but with your wonderful husband, friends, and all those Rosemore kids!!!! Who'd have thought those little ones would grow up to be so great!?!?!(Just kidding of course!)Please promise us all that you won't rush back to work - take care of yourself and enjoy the boredom for a while! As always you amaze me with your courage and strength, love you, Jamie

Unknown said...

It was so great to see you Friday! You have that bounce in your step and that smile on your face and are doing so well. The good news about NO chemo has really stepped up that healing a notch...I can tell. Was so glad you felt up to getting out for lunch. Marilyn and I really enjoyed our visit and our Geri shot in the arm. Man, I love you! You and your story just inspire me to get over whatever hump shows up in my road! Thank you for being you and for being my friend! Cheryl