Just a quick note to tell you all is well... still. Life is pretty normal - working long hours and loving it, playing a little tennis and get a little better (slowly however) and loving driving around with the top down now that is finally fall!
I did go back to the Sarcoma Support Group a couple of weeks ago. It was a smaller group, more positive and a much better experience. While most there had reoccurrances, they were handling it well and so very positive, so it was much more enlightening than depressing, as my first experience had been. I will go back next month if I am able.
We reschedule my next scans for December 12 to work within our trip to England for the holidays. Bob will go on December 15, and I will follow him a few days later. Like always, I am anxious about scheduling this trip only days after scans and worried about what I will do if the scans are not good. Even if the scans show something, we would not schedule treatment or surgery before the holidays anyway. But I am or course scared of the emotional side of the whole thing, and how I will handle it all. I know regardless, I would want to make this trip so we scheduled it and both excited about being in England for the holidays.
We will spend Thanksgiving with all my family (and there are usually a ton of us- 50 to 80 relatives) in Birmingham. Then, we will move on to Tuscaloosa for the Alabama-Auburn game. I can't help but remembering where I was this time last year. On October 15, 2007, or so, DocO found 2 spots on my lung that he and my lung surgeon felt were a reoccurance of the sarcoma. I had lung surgery on November 15 and was released from the hospital the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It truly was a miracle (that the spots were an inflamation and not cancer), and I know how lucky and blessed I am. I was pretty uncomfortable for a while, but all ended well. And I was back at work on Christmas Eve!
I can't believe how 2008 has just flown by. In January, it will be two years since my diagnosis. I have come so far in the last 12 months, all with the incredible support of great family and friends. I think they will continue to scan me every 3 months till July, and they may move to 6 month intervals after that. I guess I am pretty supersticious because I am afraid if I quit blogging, the cancer will come back. So I guess I will just blog away forever, even if it is boring (I just love boring!) and there are no readers. I am going to really try to keep this up at least once a month, so if you check in on me from time to time, I will be out here. Hopefully, there will be no news to report, and this will be the dullest thing you ever read!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I still check your blog everyday, it's part of my routine now. It's good to hear that things are still getting back to 'normal' for you now. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Dad in December. You've come a long way and you will cope (as you have done) with whatever else life throws at you (may it be flowers and money!) Take Care, Becky x
Hi Geri,
I'm still checking your blog and enjoying the updates -- especially since the news is great! You're still in my prayers. Hope all of the Rosemore's have a great holiday.
Much love to you, Cindy, Lisa, Michael and Sid,
-Cindy Ryland Holmes
Blog away. I am with you, boring is good! So glad all is well. I still miss you!
Donna B.
It's a pleasure to continue to check the blog from time to time and find it so "boring." Keep up the good (but boring) work. Mickey
I'm still here too. I meant to leave a note when I first saw this entry, but got distracted. That gets easier as time goes on..HA!
I'm with you and Donna B., boring is good. So is maintaining a positive attitude. See you soon!
Marion
Post a Comment