After a few sleepless nights, I got great news today. My lung CT scans looked great. What a relief. I go through this every three months. A couple of weeks before I know I have scans, every ache in my body terrifies me. I just knew today I would have spots on my lungs. How, for once, I love being wrong! DocO said I would continue to have scans every three months for 2 years. He asked me today if he had given me a tee shirt yet. I told him I thought you did not get the shirt till you were "clean" and cancer free for 2 years (sounds like it is a 12-step AA program!). He was surprised we had not been together for 2 years yet. With all the wound vac issues, lung scare last year, he thought he had "known" me forever. I just can't wait to get the shirt! If I stay "clean" till next July 16, the shirt is mine! I will just wear it out, and it will be my most prized possession. Bob should really get one too, as he has lived this every day as well. All day long after the visit, I just kept saying "Oh yea!"
We are celebrating by meeting our friend Angela in Navarre Beach tomorrow, for a long weekend. I have not been to the gulf, my favorite place on earth, in almost 2 years. I just can't wait!
I have tennis lessons tonight - one of my other favorite places to be! I have been playing on Saturdays for a little bit. I am not ready for a 3 hour 3 set match yet, but every day gets a little better! I am still working a lot and loving it. I whine a little about having too much to do and too little time, but nothing could be better.
This Saturday, Sept 20, will be one year from my last chemo treatment! This year has just flown by so quickly. I can't believe my hair has been growing for a year! It is still pretty short (and I will keep it that way) and very curly, much to my dismay. Somehow, I have less gray than I did before, but I am sure that will change. I know I am causing a lot of folks to get more gray hair!
The sarcoma support group is meeting tonight, and I do want to try going to that again at some point. It was a little depressing for me last time because I saw so many patients that had reoccurances. I am in too good of a mood to mess that up. I will opt for my tennis lesson tonight instead and go to support group next month.
Life is good! Take care!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am SO SO SO very happy got you!!!
Susan Kelly
Yes, I still read your blog. You may not realize it, but you're an inspiration to me (and I'm sure to others as well). Your gratitude and joy for life and good health keeps me in check to never take these things for granted. They are precious gifts and need to be acknowledged, as you do, one day at a time.
See ya,
Marion
PS If you talk to Donna B tell her I miss her. Thanks!
Post a Comment