Monday, July 23, 2007

Restfull weekend

I think each day I am getting exponentially better. Today I was able to get into my bed without having to use a footstool. All these newer thick mattresses are so much higher off the floor, I could not get in without assistance. I still have to sort of flop on the bed avoiding putting a lot of pressure on my right(sore) side. I am still a bit uncomfortable as the wound stings some as it is healing. I sleep ok for a couple of hours then I need to either lie on my back or try to sleep on another side. When I am switching to the right side it is a bit of a challenge with all the staples etc., but it (my 15 inch zipper) is more tender than anything. I was on a work conference call this morning, we decided that the zipper is just where they put in my new bionic parts. Boy, I can't wait for them to start working!

We had a very low key weekend. I am trying to sit up a little more each day and actually ate dinner downstairs on Saturday night. If it were not so hot I would try to go for a 5 minute walk - but maybe we will do that when it cools off this afternoon.

Lisa leaves tomorrow, and Michelle takes over. It has been great having her here. She loves to organize things so that has been nice. And she has been putting lot of books for me to listen to on my IPOD, so I am really excited about that. I heard her talking to Michelle today (who is also a nurse) giving her an update on my condition and the things I need to work on. I do not think either of them are going to let me off the hook with that breathing thing. Off to take a shower now-- truly the highlight of my day! I can get everything wet now, so I stay in the shower as long as I can stand up comfortably or the water runs out, whichever comes first! I am starting to get really bored so I know I am feeling better!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! So glad to know you are doing better!! Still praying..and thank goodness your not getting off the hook from the breather hehe...your surrounded by medical people everywhere you turn. May you shower all you want..and may you be comfortable as you continue to heal!!
Angie's little sis,
Tina :)

Anonymous said...

Geri, what a treat to read the blog today....hope every day brings your closer and closer to no more pain/discomfort....do what those medical folls tell you to do, hope you sleep well tonight - will check on you in the morning.... my love and prayers are still with you...Jamie

yngathrrt said...

It is so great to hear that you are doing so much better. And I am sure that will continue each day.

Geri, your blog has just been wonderful and it has been wonderful that others love you so much and have kept up with what is going on with you concerning these health issues. You are a very lucky queen.

I have read every blog entry you (or hubby) have made, and it really touches me and has made me think a great deal about how people deal with unexpected tumors, cancers or other things in their daily lives. Due to this, and I hope you do not mind, I have given you the THINKING BLOGGER AWARD. I believe it is important that others, besides the ones that know you, read your blogs, as they are such an inspiration.

http://yngathrrt.blogspot.com/

Hugs,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Geri, if boring days means "getting-better days", then here's to lots and lots of boring days. Cheers! imo

Anonymous said...

Geri: I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Isn't it wonderful to be sick in a medical family (including Dr. Bob, of course). They have all the power, now! Let's hope this is the only time. Love, Angela