Tuesday, July 17, 2007
The Next Day
Things are progressing well. Geri and Syd had a fairly restful night, apart from a brief spell watching CourtTV at 3:00am. The physical therapist came early this morning and had Geri up and walking again. She will do more later today. The surgeon and his entourage came. He estimated the tumor & surrounding tissue removed weighed about 10 lbs. Geri thinks she now weighs what her driving licence says. Blood work indicated Geri's heamoglobin was low so they are going to give her a couple of units of blood this evening. She still has a cathater and wound drain, as well as an O2 line, morphine IV line and a IV line for saline, antibiotics and potasium. If all goes well she may be coming home Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Great news so far, Geri & Bob! Congratulations Geri on making your drivers license weight (a few of us wish we could say the same!). Ten pounds--wow. Now you know what it feels like to finally deliver a baby after 9 months--what relief. Keep up the good work, girl. MICKEY McD.(one of your many prayer warriors!)
I am so happy that all went well! I can't wait to see you out on the tennis courts- Ask the Doctor when you can play. Just kidding:(
Love you- Gloria
This is all great news! Feel better Geri you are on the road to recovery. Good and strong!
Special round of applause to Bob...whom I have never met ....but going through this as he has shows what a good and loving soul he is and we are so glad Geri has him.
As for the rest of your support team...from where I sit reading this blog...superlative!
You are all a dream team!
Dawn
For someone who is hooked up to everything except a breathing machine, it sounds like you are doing remarkably well...I'm so glad to hear of your progress. Now be a good girl, and let that morphine pump be the LAST thing to go...give it a good workout!
Take care. Hugs, imo
Geri, hope you are feeling better, I imagine the relief you must be feeling is helping handle the pain of the surgery! Hope you sleep better tonight - just remember You Won this Battle!!! I hope to see you soon, this little scare sure made me realize how lucky I am to have you as a friend, and I/we all learned from you during this time...love you, Jamie
Positively great news!. I, too, would like to weigh what my drivers license states. I am not 5ft 3in anymore either. I have shrunk like all little ole ladies do.
Hugs and kisses to all, prayers will continue, Love always Jackie
PS Dr. Bob you are a terrific guy.
Bob, So glad Geri is doing ok. Sounds like they are keeping her busy though. Not too bad though they want her to be moving and not having any problems so she can go home as soon as possible. I sincerly hope IV and drain, and such can come out soon. Praying for continued healing and home soon for you both.
Angie's little sis,
Tina :)
Post a Comment