Sunday, July 8, 2007

The count down starts

Just touching base here. There is nothing new, no changes to speak of and so far everything is still on track for sugery next Monday. I am just counting down the days. With Wimbledon ending in a couple of hours, that will make my wait much longer. I have gotten most of my personal stuff wrapped up, so that I can be out of commission for a couple of weeks if necessary. I have some work related things to keep me busy this week, so I am hoping it will go by quickly. The tumor still seems to be more and more swollen to me from the radiation, but no doctor seems to be concerned about that. I just can't wait for it to be gone. I will have to keep my leg straight and in a brace for about 2 weeks. I am not sure how I am going to get up the stairs when I get home from the hospital, but once I get up here I will not be going back down unless I have to go to the doctor. So if you come by here-- all entertaining will be done in the bedroom! Of course, most of you who have been here know it has been that way most of the time lately anyway. Bob is no longer surprised to find any number of folks proped up on his side of the bed.

Syd and Zola and coming by this afternoon so it will be nice to see them. My siblings are working out an elaborate schedule as to who is coming here and when, during and after surgery to give Bob some relief etc. I will be in the hospital at Crawford Long for 2 to 4 days, and Syd is staying there with me at least the first night. The sisters insist one of them be there all night for for the first couple of days. They have a little more surgical experience than I do, and they assure me that a patient needs more attention than nurses are now able to give. I am just so lucky to have family willing to drop everything going on in there lives and be here with me. Lisa, Cindy and Michelle will be taking shifts after I get out of the hospital, and I know friend imo is coming in early August to do the same. I am hoping I will only need help for a couple of weeks while I am in the brace and that any other visits will be just for fun. I am not sure I am going to be a whole lot of fun the first week or so! Blame it on the drugs!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. It looks like Federer is going to need my full attention if he is going to win this 3rd set!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all counting the days to your surgery and total recovery!!!Those Rosemore 'kids' are great siblings and love their big sister!!! Supposed to be unemployed today - but accepted the sales assistant position so it's off to work I go...hope your week goes well, always in my thoughts and prayers, love you! Jamie

Anonymous said...

Mac and I know how anxious you are and are thinking and praying for your uneventful surgical procedure and quick recovery.
As Donna says, thank God for siblings. Rivalry is one thing, LOVE one another is another. We love you and will be commenting as you update us. Love to Bob, Jackie & Gang

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, and pray every day for you. I have faith that all will be well.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Geri: Everybody (you included) know that surgery is not fun. But, I am really looking forward to your surgery next Monday. I am sure they are going to remove the tumor and you are going to recover quickly and completely. You (and Bob and all of your other doctors and caregivers) are in my thoughts and prayers. Try to rest and think positive thoughts this weekend. Love, Angela