Wednesday, June 20, 2007

some updates

I don't feel like the Pro Crit has kicked in as I am still really tired and sleeping an awful lot. Found out today I will have CT Scan and MRI on Friday, June 29 and meet with the surgeon on that day too. Will probably find out then the date for surgery.

It was great having Cindy and Kitty here. It gave Bob a break and was really fun catching up with them. I got a little bit of my appetite back while they were here -- probably the good meal choices. They picked up sushi for dinner which I have really missed (although I am staying away from the raw stuff because of infection).

Friends (and business associates) Jill and Pam are coming over and bringing lunch tomorrow. I am really excited about their visit. Everyone has been so wonderful about staying in touch, visiting etc. I am so lucky to have all of you.

I have a lot of work to do over the next couple of days so that will keep me busy between naps. I find I do have more energy while I am working, and it keeps my brain going. It is amazing the work you can get done from your bed, but it is a little cumbersome shuffling papers. I am always losing our land line, my cell phone or the remote (got to have the TV on even if you are not watching) under the covers. It is pretty pitiful when I have to call my cell phone from our land line to hear it ring and find it under my pillow. I will be glad when I can sit at the desk in my office and work like a normal person! I think I am getting closer to that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geri
I wish you all the best. Tomorrow(6/22) is my last day at Hanover and we take off for FL on Sunday.
I will try to catch up with you once we are settled.
Take Care
Susan Kelly

Anonymous said...

Good morning, sounds like you had a great time - always with Brewton Girls, right? Tell me what's going on with Cindy and Kitty...gave my notice at work yesterday, going to take a little break, will try and get your way between jobs! Take care, don't do too much and know you are in my prayers and thoughts always, love, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Isn't this strange? I've been dreaming (again!) about getting a little red convertible! Bet you'll have yours b4 I do!! I do wish the Pro-Crit would go ahead and work its magic on you. Your days left for radiation are entering single digits..that's great! Take care, look forward to seeing you. Hugs, imo

Anonymous said...

Geri,
Your so awesome!! Hope your strength improves soon. Angie has been unable to catch up with ya but asked me about you yesterday. She is still in Pensacola with Bart while he works. She is ready to get home to Miami I can tell. Please I used my cell phone to call the land line today to locate the phone. We have a search button on the main phone(the base) in the kitchen and I was sitting really close to it but not in reach. Plus I'm not fighting cancer...and you are!! You are so brave. Thomas mom was diagnosed Monday with breast cancer sugery next week...Won't know more until after sugery..so we will be on the way to Bham. soon. I am praying BIG for you still!! Love from Angie as I know she would send it.
Her little sis,
Tina :)

Anonymous said...

Geri,
I just had to say - I call my cell phone with the land line!!! I just wish I had something I could ring on my reading glasses....I am foreven hunting them down.

Love, Kitty

Anonymous said...

Hi Geri-
I hope you are starting to feel some better now. I am so behind it took me awhile just to catch up on your blog. I seem to get buried in my own situation and don't save time to do the things I really want to do.

Amelia Island was beautiful and HOT. I thought of you while I was there and you were missed. Haley asked me twice where you were!! You and your niece always made her trip something to look forward to. She has grown so much you probably wouldn't recognize her.

My stepdaughter and grandson (6 wks now), have moved in and I have baby sat almost every evening after work, so needless to say, I'm not getting much done at home.. wash, bills, cleaning! Not that I mind, he is so cute and precious that once I pick him up it's hard to put him down. The Dad can't be alone with the baby (not that he wants to), and he picks Jennifer up and they leave to visit. You would think he would want to spend time with his baby, but he has an ##@!@. I will email you Kaden's picture. He is very good, and only cries when he is Hungry. Eat, sleep, eat sleep... sounds familiar huh? He loves his Mimi!

I need to come see you one day soon, but it seems I run out of days in the week before I'm done. Being in outside sales now, which I love, I am on the road a lot, but I am concentrating in the area where I live... Grayson,Snellville, Loganville and Lawrenceville.

The lady you were referring to with Lung Cancer is amazing. I can't even imagine going through what she is handling without friends and family. Just shows we can do what we have to... Friends and family just make the journey a LOT easier. I will keep her in my prayers. She must be a Christian, so she is not actually handling this alone. Otherwise, I don't know how she could do it. My Mom had Lung Cancer and had a rough struggle. I took her to every doctor appointment, chemo, radiation etc and I think depression really got the best of her. It is really tough watching someone you love suffer, and I'm sure Bob is struggling with that and it would be hard for him to talk to you about it as he won't want to burden you. Hope he has some good friends to talk to. Guys aren't good about sharing like us girls are!

Know you and Bob are in my prayers. Tell him I think he is GREAT!

Love to you -
Michele

Anonymous said...

Geri,
The number of radiation treatments down to a count on one hand - excellent! I'm glad that the CT Scan, MRI and meeting with the surgeon can all occur on the same day for you. You'll be able to set your sights on the next step in this process.

I hope your energy level is rising. Though I do know that everything is relative and that your "slow day" is equivalent to most people's productive day.

In case you watched some of the Red Sox - Braves series... please know that I was routing for both sides!

Our best to both you and Bob.
Kellie, Peter, Jacob & Sam