Wednesday, June 6, 2007
a normal day
I sort of had a normal day today. Michelle took me to radiation this morning, the came back and did a little work, rested a second and went out a lunch and ran errands. "Errands" prior to 2007, are a huge part of my life. After work, that was what I spend most of my time doing. Even tennis was third to "errands". Since I am not comfortable, sitting (in the car, a chair or just about anywhere, standing, etc and I get tired so easily, "errands" have taken a back seat -- in the way back. But I did want to take advantage of Michelle being here. So in less than about an hour and a quarter, we went out and bought a new mattress and boxsprings, picked up a skirt and jacket (and tried it on) I had gotten Rita to order me, went by my friend Mitzi's new house, (3 miles away - I did rest for a few minutes there) and picked up lunch. This was a huge day for me. I was even able to do a little more work, before resting again. Until a week or so ago (probably when I was still on IV antibiotics) resting included a lot of napping which is not usually a part of my life. I am out of the napping mode again, but I can "rest" even typing my blog. While I was hardly running a marathon, I did feel like I was building a little bit of stamina both yesterday and today. My how your concept of things change in less than 6 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Geri, So glad to know things were a bit back in-sync for you today. I know its nice to not be having to get the IV meds. I am glad you seem to be tolerating the radiation well. I am continuing to pray for you each day. Your attitude is awesome!! We leave to go be with Angie and Bart this Saturday at condo. I haven't seen her since February. I am so thrilled you are getting some energy back. Stay strong!! Just a hair more than 2 weeks and the radiation round is over.
Angie's little sis,
Tina :)
Hi Geri, this is long time coming, computer server changed from aol to comcast which is my cable company.
Yes this has been a long six months for you and I truly admire and respect your strength. You really are a remarkable step daughter. I am proud of your ability to handle this in only the way "geri" handles stuffffff. Love you and miss you and hope you will soon have your surgery and get on the wonderful road of quick recovery. Love to you and Bob from Me and Mac and the rest of my/your extended family. xxxooo
Post a Comment