Sunday, June 17, 2007

No wonder I am tired

I have been feeling really good the last few days, just a little tired which is to be expected from radiation. I have been taking Potassium for a long time and since my perscription was about to run out, the doctor decided to do some blood work to see how my potassium levels were and if I needed to continue the medication. Potassium levels were fine but my red count was low. I could either have a blood transfusion or start getting Pro Crit (red count booster) injection every 3 weeks until about a month after radiation. I opted for the Pro Crit as I just did not want to wait around another 5 hours for them to cross and type me, get the blood, and then give it to me. The Pro Crit will take a little longer for me to get my energy back but I just don't feel that tired!

After radiation, Bob and I went to a store to get some foam (he was making me a mahogany/upholstered headboard that is finished now and looks beautiful) so I had a little outting with him. Then later I went the Syd to Publix when she and neice Zola came for a visit. Because of some medication issues, Publix took longer than I thought it would and I was really beat when I got home. In fact, Syd told Bob, in true elementary school fashion "You will not have any trouble out of her today. She is exhausted and will crash". She was right, and I am still pretty tired.

Some of you know I have been wanting a convertible (a little red one- who cares which model) for a couple of years now. I just want an old one to run around in on the weekends. I think I have always wanted one, but the desire did get a little stronger when I turned 50 a couple of years ago so I guess it is a mid life crises thing. When I left radiation on Friday, the woman (I know her last name is Walker but don't know her first name) with lung cancer and no close family got her car from valet just a few seconds before we did. And you guessed it, she had a red Chrys. Sebring convertible. It just hit home. It just doesn't matter what toys and things you have. If you don't have your health, family and friends, the toys are nothing. Again, it just made me so sad. (However, I do still want one once I am through with all this stuff).

I am looking forward to Cindy and Kitty's visit. Cindy will be here tonight and Kitty in the morning, both here till Tuesday.

We've had a low key weekend, which we both needed. Bob did get the headboard finished and installed so he did work some. I rated a few home and auto policies but that is about it. Wimbledon starts week after next so I will get to watch that in the background soon, and I am excited about that. I have certainly watched a lot tennis in the last few months. I hoped I learned something so when I finally do get to play I will have at least something!

Have a good week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geri,
Just home yesterday. Spent week with Angie and rest of family for yearly beach trip. So glad to hear you are doing well..hopefully the red count with jump up with the shots and you will have some extra energy. I've been praying a lot while I was gone and hoping you were doing well. So thrilled only 8 days of radiation to go.
Your attitude is still so awesome!!
Much love from Angie's little sis,
Tina :)

Anonymous said...

Geri, as usual you still amaze me with your great attitude...hope you are feeling better every day. Please give Cindy and Kitty a big hug me - wish I was there with you all. Thinking of you always, Love you, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Geri,

I have your Winter USTA Team all ready for you at Jefferson Township. YOu will be all better by then. I miss seeing you. Your Blog is awesome..

PS I have a new job on Powers Ferry Road. I am still in Import/Export but more on the Import Side this time.Sara