I am down to only 3 more radiation sessions on they wrap up Wednesday. I am a little anxious about the scans on Friday, but I am so ready to see the surgeon and get things moving and surgery scheduled.
We've had a very low key weekend, however I wish I could say that for all of my family. Sister Cindy took a really bad tumble (tumble is a horrible understatement) on some wet steps on Friday and sliced her knee open pretty badly. While she is lucky it is only a soft tissue injury, it was really, really bad, deep, and is very painful. She had to have surgery to put it all back together and has about a million stitches and staples. She is having a tough time. She has been so good to me, being here for several days after every chemo treatment, emotionally supportive, caring and she sends the best surprises! I am just sick that there is not much I can do for her, physically right now - not anything really especially since she lives 150 miles away. Her husband Clyde is pretty good with the medical stuff too so she if very lucky like I am, but she is going to have a rough few weeks.
I had a fun lunch with Pam and Jill on Thursday. I really appreciate them taking time out from work in the middle of the day to come see me. My other friend Jill, and old roommate is coming from Oak Ridge, Tn to visit either late Monday or early Tuesday for a few days. She came for a few days during chemo too. She is a great cook, and being a nurse a really good caretaker too, so I am excited about her coming back.
While I am still a little tired, as long as I don't get up much, the tumor does not hurt as much. It feels kind of like a bowling ball now and that is alot for your leg to be dragging around. So consequently, I don't like to stand more than a couple of minutes. I am going to try get them to weigh me before and after surgery. I can't imagine what this thing weighs, but I am ready for it to be gone! No surprises there!
Wimbledon starts tomorrow. HGTV was getting really old so I am glad to have some good tennis on to watch. Now if I could just talk Bob into a big new Plasma TV for our bedroom by tomorrow so I could see the ball better!
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Geri: We've been out of town for 3 weeks, and I was really glad to get home and read how well you are doing. Didn't we have a conversation once when we were trying to lost weight about how much our internal organs weigh? According to our logic back then, the tumor must weigh at least 15 lbs. (I'm sure it really feels like it). Thanks for continuing to blog throughout this ordeal. I'm continuing to say prayers. Love, Angela
Hi Geri, keep hanging in there...sorry to hear about Cindy - please give her my love...when's the new t.v. arriving...Bob could build a custom cabinet for it...I too call my cell phone to find it...no problem with the glasses...can't see without them! Thinking of you always, Jamie
HI Geri,
You really sound better these days! So sorry to hear about Cindy's accident. OUCH! Bless her heart too. I'll be thinking of you ALL...
Vickie Hayes
Post a Comment